After I wrote my last blog entry… well actually before I wrote it… I sent a text to my parents begging them to let me (and the kids) come stay with them for the weekend.
They didn’t respond!
So then I sent another text… I’ll cook you supper!!!
Instant response! : ) They like food!
Jesse worked until 2am Thursday night with the electrician. So he decided he needed a break and was coming with us too. Plus it was suppose to rain all weekend – and I was not about spend another rainy day in the camper.
Jesse got home from work Friday afternoon we loaded up and headed out! Huge storm on the horizon headed to our house. We hurried to get out of it and we made it. To only get to my parents and watch it roll in at their house.
I whipped this supper up and it did not disappoint. I want to drink the marinade for that chicken with a straw – it smells so good!!
After supper we all went for a rzr ride.
This next picture is so funny to me. Jesse is on his phone checking the radar to see if we will make it on ride without the storm getting us. My Dad stocking the rzr with cold beer. My Mom and the kids looking at pictures on her phone.
The boys! Max is helping Jesse drive.
This storm that followed us all the way to my parents house.
Really windy in the rzr!! Mallory looking back to see how Maggie is doing.
Grandma & Mallory!
Another view of the storm.
We drove out to the woods and the kids found the hidden toys instantly.
We couldn’t even drive around the woods – it was way too wet!
Water everywhere!!
I thought Camp Tick-Quito was bad! This was terrible! The mosquitos here acted like they hadn’t seen fresh blood in years! Attack mode instantly! We couldn’t stop moving! I was begging to leave because Mallory and I were getting attacked something fierce. I think we stayed 6 minutes and we were outta there!
Got home just in time for the storm to hit real fast and then be over. We still got to have a campfire and some delicious margaritas!
The next day (Saturday) Jesse went to work on some equipment with his Dad & brother and the kids and I stayed at my parents. My Mom put me to work making a sign.
Here it is all done! I think it is now the inspiration piece for the *new* bathroom upstairs.
When we got back home on Sunday – the kids fell right back into my routine and are now sleeping great in the camper. It has been a much better week so far. Still raining. And cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment