On Monday the kids woke up with little tiny runny noses. Nothing major at all. However, they were very fussy and emotional on top of it. And they didn’t want to do anything besides lay around and veg in front of the TV.
I distracted the fussiness and couch junkies by getting out the box of playdough.
It totally worked!
Do you think her hair will be normal before she graduates high school? I was doing her hair for church on Sunday and she requested curls… well I had the flat iron plugged in so I just straightened it (she had a braid in the day before so she was a kinky mess) and curled the ends under a bit. She is standing on her stool looking in the mirror watching me and she says “I have a mohawk!” Um, yes, my dear you do! I got it to lay down – but I’m out of hairspray right now. Then we put a headband on her, but she takes it off in the truck on the way to church and we always (every. single. time.) forget to put it back on her when we get to church!! ugh! This day she let me put in a ponytail because I bribed her with “Mallory I won’t comb your hair if I can put it in a pony tail.” She by far hates getting her hair combed over getting a pony tail! So that trick worked! However, she has been known to take her ponytails out too! She also insisted on dressing herself this day too! OMG! This girl! I put her in this cherry shirt which is longer – so I thought leggings would be so cute! I put her in leggings, but they were capri length leggings. Oh my! You would of thought those leggings had teeth and were eating her legs! She was freaking out because they were too tight and were hurting and she wanted them to cover her entire leg! I asked her to just try them for a bit and if they still hurt she could take them off. Off they came and she went in her room and put on a too-big skirt. Um… Mallory… that doesn’t cover all of your legs either? I know, but I like this one. I’m cute in this one. Well then an hour later the skirt came off and she put candy cane pants on! Dang ugly Christmas parties – I need to put the ugly Christmas clothes away, but I don’t they end up back in her drawer and then she wears them! I let her.
And that is the life of Mallory! Back to the Playdough. : )
They got all kinds of new playdough tools for Christmas. Popsicle Making and Breakfast Making!
Love this next picture of Mallory “pretending” to eat her popsicle in the background. She tells me she is pretending – but she really licks it!
Little Maxshwell found my lap. He didn’t want to sit on his own chair today – wanted to be right on my lap.
The breakfast tool kit makes smoothies… but if you put the brown playdough in there it looks like a chocolate shake! Here is Mallory with chocolate ice cream!
Playdough tools from one end of the table to the other!
No comments:
Post a Comment