Thursday, October 18, 2012

Frey Academy

Mallory gets to start Preschool (or 4K) next year, if we want. So I've been researching schools… public vs. private vs. homeschooling. I think it would be totally fun to homeschool. However you have to be totally disciplined – and I am, but I don’t know if I am that disciplined. : )

In my little bit of research that I have done, I have no idea what to do for school. So I joke about opening Frey Academy with our sales guy.

A couple of Fridays ago on my day off – I printed off some worksheets for Mallory and had a project planned and we went to the basement to have school. Right now Mallory thinks school is so much fun! She will ask me, Momma are you the teacher? Then she proceeds to call me teacher instead of momma.


One of her worksheets she had to count the shapes and tell me how many she needed to make the picture.


Then lay her shapes on top of the picture. First one was a turtle.


Meanwhile – we had Mad Max with us! Or should we now say… Restless Max! : ) He needs projects too or he starts climbing on the table causing complete chaos. So he had to find the animal I asked for and put it on his dry ease board. Then tell me the animal sound. He loved it!  


Mallory (and Max too) love the search and finds. This worksheet she had to find things that started with the letter A. It was actually pretty tough because I copied it in black & white instead of color.


She found the items and circled them.


Then drew a line after she found it.


Our project was to make a q-tip skeleton.


I had to take Max upstairs and change him – meanwhile Mally started gluing q-tips… and well… you’ll see…



It was so much fun being able to do this with the kids. And the bonus part – after I spent this time with them – I got to make lunch in peace! They had spent a lot of one-on-one time with me that they could play by themselves until lunch was served! Bonus!!

No comments: