One of the things I really wanted to do while out here was get Starbucks. Katie's husband, Ben, brought us home Starbucks one morning. Katie and I are sitting in her kitchen drinking our coffee's watching her husband cook eggs and then talking him into making us eggs. : ) The girls are upstairs playing. They are playing so good! We don't hear any fighting! No one has come to tell us one isn't sharing! They were just a playing so hard up in Lily's room. Katie and I got lost in our little world and the next thing I know I see the girls coming down the steps and I look at them and they have HUGE smiles on their faces! I notice their hair! They got into lotion (or something) and smeared it all in their hair!! I start to say, as they are still walking down the stairs coming closer to us, What did you put in your...
WE CUT OUR HAIR!!!
My stomach drops! You didn't! They come close to us and they are standing next to us and they are so proud of themselves! Mallory kept repeating - We cut our hair! We cut our hair! We cut our hair! The more I touched her hair the more fell out! When she cut it, it would just sit on top of her head - so it was getting worse the more I touched her. Clumps were coming off!
I carried her to the bathroom and set her on the sink to show her what she did. She was still very proud of herself. I probably over reacted, but I want her to know that it was naughty and that it wasn't something good that she did. So I put her in timeout. She didn't get the full 3 minutes - she was maybe in there a minute.
Katie's husband was home and all he could do was laugh and take pictures and say "They gave themselves mullets! Business in the front, party in the back!" And laugh! He laughed and laughed and laughed! He wanted to put it on facebook! Katie and I both yelled "NO! Give us a minute!" Boys! : ) And then we both bust into laughter and can not stop laughing! These girls!
We laughed for days! Every once in awhile one of us would just burst into laughter and we knew what was so funny! I would start to laugh and Katie would say "Stop looking at my child! Your laughing at my child!" Seriously, only with her could this happen and both of us laugh so hard.
Please note that these girls are still in their jammies and they have not had their hair combed yet - so they have bed head on top of their new cuts! Which makes them look worse.
Mallory's hair did hang in front of her face a lot! And it did drive me crazy! And I did try to put clips in it all the time, which she hated. So she was just trying to get out of having to wear clips all the time. ; )
Poor Lily! She just really wanted some rocking bangs like her Momma has! Next time Lily we should ask a professional! ; )
I've kind of got use to looking at Mallory like this and I don't notice it anymore. However, everyone else still notices it. I was in the gas station the other night and the check out lady says "I remember when my son did that right before school pictures?" I looked at her and thought, your son carried bananas in his school picture? Because that is what Mallory was doing - carrying the bananas. I must of had that confused look on my face and she says "cut his hair!" OH!!!!! Yes!!! Felt like a dork! I am learning that a lot of kids do this! Or they did it to other people! Or to their barbies/dolls!
You are asking - where did they find a scissors? Katie had a craft bin in the way back of the closet - up high. But I'm thinking Mally was tall enough to see it and reach it and get it. The rest is history.
You are asking - did they cut anything else? Yes! But we didn't think to ask them that until a day later when we noticed the drum sticks were no longer attached to the drum. That is all we found. Lily claims she cut her bears hair and her ducks hair. However, we can't find any damage to them.
You are asking - did they each cut their own? Yes! They both said they cut their own hair. And actually just the other night I was video taping the kids rough housing with Jesse and I called Mallory to come over and I questioned her about her hair (thought it might be fun to have that on video) and she says "Lily cut hers and said that I could cut mine too." Whether that is true or not - I don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment