Last night we had our first movie night with Mallory. I have never put a movie in for Mally so she isn’t all that familiar with movies. Heck, it is very rare that Jesse and I will watch movies. Anyway, I thought last night would be fun and something special to do with her.
I talked about in the morning before I went to work with her… tonight after Daddy is done with work and we eat supper… we are going to put Max to bed early and You, Me and Daddy are going to watch a movie and eat popcorn! Her response = yay, lets do that now. : )
She was very excited, and was sure to let everyone know, that it was just her, mommy, and daddy and Max had to go to bed.
Jesse and Mally left to go get the movie and the snacks while I put Max to bed, picked up toys and set the “theater”. I don’t have very exciting theater items – something I need to keep a watch out for.
We rented the kid movie, Rio. For snacks we had gummy worms, popcorn, and a Twix candy bar (specially requested by me). She ate and ate and ate and ate! I finally had to hide the popcorn for fear she was going to turn into a kernel! And she actually sat and watched the movie and giggled and seemed to understand some things that were going on. During the last bit she wanted to snuggle on the couch and she was trying to make a nest – she was getting tired.
Then this morning she wakes up and opens up our door and I was sleeping hard so it kind of scared me to hear her come in so I sat up and see that the lights are on out in the living room/kitchen area. Why are the lights on? Mally tells me “Max is awake.” Did you turn the lights on? She says, “yeah, I couldn’t see Max.”
I get up and I go straight into the kids room to get Max up and Mally is following me and she is in there with me and I notice something in her hand and it looks like a piece of wood and I can’t get my eyes to focus and see it. She is just kind of holding on to it. Mally what is in your hand? I forget what she tells me, but I think Jesse says… I think it is a candy bar!
We don’t know what she really did… but I think I have a feeling… She got her stool out of the bathroom put it down in the kitchen near the light switch, turned on the light, then must of seen the popcorn bowl from the movie party, moved her stool over to the counter, reached the bowl and started eating popcorn while looking around, spotted the left over Twix bar I didn’t eat (which is shocking because I don’t leave a Twix bar laying around uneaten), and ate it… then Max must of woke up and she went in there and turned his light on by climbing up his crib, then came to get us.
She has never gone out to the kitchen before when she wakes up. Her first stop is always our room. I guess I need to make sure all the special snacks are up a higher level and out of her reach now! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment