Friday, January 06, 2012

2012!

We had our second annual new years eve party.  It was a wild ride up until party day.  The day after all our Christmas Parties Jesse came down with the flu and was sick for about 3 days.  Then Max popped that tooth on Christmas and holey moley!!!  Lets just say I would be perfectly content if he doesn’t get another tooth.  ; )  He does not deal with pain very well and Motrin didn’t helped him at all! 

So we recruited Jesse’s Mom to come help us the day before the party.  She also turned us onto that numbing stuff for babies teeth.  Why oh why did we not think of this a week ago?!  It helped so much! 

Then the day of the party Jesse took Mally on some errands and came home and said the words, “I think Mally is getting sick.”  Sure enough – fevers! 

I gave her a dose of Motrin snuggled her in for a late nap and she took a good long nap and woke up after the party was in session and she wanted to go out and see everyone.  Within 30 minutes she was running around with all the other kids and sneaking cookies and snacks. 

She crashed hard though.  I went to put Max to bed and my sister brought her in and said… she is asking to go to bed.  : )  What kid (especially when their friends are over) asks to go to bed!  I tucked her in and she was sleeping in seconds.

After the kids were tucked in I joined in on this wild and addicting dice game until about 11:30pm… when little Mally is awake!  She is burning up and she is requesting to lay on the couch and watch a movie.  hahaha!  She learns quick what one does when they are sick.  I actually missed mid-night… because I think I was watching Mickey Mouse and trying to cool her down.  : ) 

It was a great party in the end even if I did have to rush out right before mid-night.

I did get a few pictures – not many because a teething Max and a feverish Mally and hosting a party kept me rather busy.

They told me Max needs a girlfriend because he was quiet and played for a moment when Karli was with him.  : )

IMG_0135

I am explaining my new found app to Kim and Steph.  I am real excited about it… you scan in all your spices, your pantry, your fridge, your feezer into your phone and it keeps track of what and how much of what you have!!  I can’t tell you how horrible my memory is and I’ll be at the store going… do I have this?  Then it has a grocery list on it too… so when I need something I can either scan it in or I can move it from my pantry list to my shopping list.  Which means my list is always with me!  I also can’t tell you how many times I have left my list on the kitchen cupboard! 

IMG_0141

Shannon and her kids.  : )  She kept Max entertained for awhile.  They were playing CCR songs on their cell phones and apparently Max is a fan. 

IMG_0142

There was lots of hugging in this dice game! 

IMG_0145

You really needed to focus and send good vibes.

IMG_0151

Giraffe was a good luck charm for one player and he had to sit on the money plate.

IMG_0146

More hugging!

IMG_0149

This game was seriously very fun and kept you on your toes.  Hugging is not a requirement it just happens.  : )  I may or may not have thrown my quarter (instead of the dice) into the dice box and shook with all my might trying to get the correct number to roll out a quarter and not a dice!!!  So embarrassing!!

Last year we had an ice storm so a lot of people couldn’t make it.  This year we had a snowstorm, but it was later in the night so we had a good turnout.

Can’t wait for the next one!! 

No comments: