Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mad Craving

I’ve been having mad cravings for chocolate.  Like bad!  I busted open the chocolate chips and just started eating them… skip the cookie just give me the straight chocolate!

Then one night last week Jesse was running to the gas station and I requested a Twix.  Now he usually brings me home the mega huge one… like the one with 4 Twix bars.  This time he only brought me the normal size… with 2.  I was a bit disappointed.  Then I bit into the first bar and was even more disappointed.  That blasted candy bar was stale!  The caramel snapped instead of being gooey stringy yummy.  So disappointing!

So then yesterday the Schwans man showed up and I still have this mad craving!  Here is what I ordered from him and I am not in any way lying about this.  Triple Layer Chocolate Fudge Cake.  Dulce De Leche (aka Caramel) Ice Cream.  Vanilla Fudge Sundae Cones.  Donuts.  Yes!  I ordered them all!!!  And you want to know what the Schwans man said… “are you pregnant again?”

I laughed really hard. 

NO!! 

He laughed. 

Then he tells me his daughter-in-law would chase him down when she was pregnant and get the mini brownies.  And my response… “OH!  Mini Brownies!  Where are those?”  As I start frantically searching my catalog for them!

Last night after I put the kids to bed it was just me, Jesse was working late.  I had that Triple Layer Chocolate Fudge Cake on the brain.  I had it sitting on my counter unthawing all afternoon just waiting for when those babies were in their respective little beds snuggling and sniffing their blankets!  I bust open that box and rip off the plastic and cut in to it!  I cut it in half and then half again!  I take my honkin huge mega piece of cake and plop it on my plate.  And I’m thinking, Wow!  Lynn this is a bit over the top.  But then I think… If I would order a piece of cake at a restaurant they would bring me a piece this big, right?  And they would top it with chocolate syrup… I’m not adding the syrup it is okay!

My mad carving isn’t over yet… I’ve got 3/4 of that cake left… well it is on the verge of being 1/2 a cake…

I need to take my thinking about being a runner and make it happen ASAP!!

4 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Holy cats Lynn, reading this made my mouth water...my favorite sneaky indulgence is hot chocolate and dove milk chocolates...Y.U.M. Also not preggo just food crazy :) Hope you've found the solution to your fix and the motivation to start running! Good luck!

arturlington said...

If it helps, I ran 6 miles for you today. I will happily burn the calories for you (you always look amazing- so don't worry)

Connie said...

No wonder you called last night after 9:00 and were all crazy talkative. Now you could have shared some of that chocolate. I've been craving a candy bar for over 2 weeks and still haven't gotten one. Now after reading this I think that will be my supper. Sorry it's your mommy jeans that you get this from, but it's okay as long as we can still get in our jeans. :)

Brandon said...

Awesome. This made me laugh. This is why Natalie is not allowed to order Schwann's.