Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Small Town Fairs

I told Jesse the other night that one of the things I want to do this summer is go to a fair.  I think Mally is a good age for it and that she would really enjoy it. 

I found a fair this past weekend in a town near us.  So we loaded everyone up and went.  Much to my surprise it was very tiny.  I wasn’t expecting it to be huge, but wasn’t expecting it to be this tiny either.

It took a minute to walk through and see everything.  At the end was a charcoal chicken/hamburger stand – so we ate some supper which was actually very good. 

Then walked back down to where we started and played Angry Birds.

IMG_0441

I seemed to have Jesse addicted to this game – and we saw it at the fair so we just had to play. 

IMG_0442

He won Mally a prize!

IMG_0445

A puppy, of course!

IMG_0446

And the only ride that Mallory could ride was this little fire engine ride.  She didn’t hesitate at all to ride it – she climbed right in, I buckled her, and walked away.  She was the only one on the ride.

IMG_0447

She had a little bit of concern.

IMG_0448

But her new puppy was with her – and this puppy is now in her bed at night.  This girl has so many puppies and goofy’s in her bed I have lost count and I am not sure how there is room for her in there.

IMG_0450

Then she would see me again and point and get that concerned-just-about-to-cry…

IMG_0451

but then be fine.

IMG_0452

I think she actually liked it!

IMG_0453

We sat in the grass and waited for our dessert.  I won’t lie – we did some people watching.  Fair goers are very entertaining to watch.

IMG_0455

Sorry Max, no dessert for you.  But thank you for being such a good boy at the fair!

IMG_0456

Funnel Cakes!  With chocolate, caramel and powdered sugar!  Yes please!

IMG_0458

And that was seriously all that there was to do at this fair!  I am afraid that this fair does not count as “the fair” I wanted to attend.  We will be visiting another one – perhaps a bit bigger.  : )

1 comment:

The Smiths said...

She is really starting to look like you, Lynn!! Very cute. :)