The Sunday before the 4th we stopped at Jesse’s parents house after church to discover that the day was declared “hay making day”. Jesse was giddy beyond giddy… okay he doesn’t get giddy, but he was looking forward to hay making day! Me, I curled up my nose and went, really?!
Jesse’s Dad wanted me to take videos on his camera but his batteries were completely dead so I attempted to take video on my phone and I’m still learning so half the time my finger is over the mic and I’m holding it the wrong way – but this little bit I got I am sure he will treasure.
Working on it already… they hadn’t even made it to the field. : )
Jesse’s Mom and I (and the kids) followed behind them in the golf cart.
It was a good thing Maxwell’s Dr. told me that I can take Clariton or I would have never been able to follow them or even be near them when making hay!
Family from Mississippi was up and they get excited about Hay Making Day too… except these two girls decided that following behind in the golf cart was much more their style too!
Some more Mississippi gals riding on the hay wagon thinking Wisconsin is the life! : )
Max can’t wait until the day where he can be with the guys on the hay wagon instead of riding in the golf cart with a bunch girls singing nursery rhymes. Every time we would sing a song Max would wiggle and make a face. He did not appreciate our signing. : )
Mallory loved these girls!
We saw them again this weekend and it was 11pm and Mallory did not want to leave these girls! Then she woke up Saturday morning asking to go to “Grandpas and Grandpas (that is how she says it) House” to “see the kids”.
Max woke up and Mallory was in need of a nap – she was dragging her blanket in the hay field!! Then it was just Max and I because Mary went to get us all pizza for supper so I took a quick picture of me and my little man.
And that was hay making day! : )
2 comments:
When I try to view the video, it says, "This video is private." Let me in!!! I wanna see!!! Do I need to do anything special?
I fixed it!! You can watch now!
Post a Comment