Mallory’s Aunt Steph wanted to see her in the little yellow dress that she bought her… so I dressed her up for church today for Aunt Steph. Then I had to take some pictures of her because she was just way too cute!!
This picture (above) I was trying to think like my Mom… be creative, off center, um I think I need more practice. Maybe even a lesson or two. <<hint hint>>
Then she started to slide…
She found a comfortable spot. Then found her hands.
Then she wanted to chat with me. (She has started to drool – she better not be getting teeth already!) Anyone else think she is going to have red hair? Seriously, Jesse and I are starting to see a lot more red in that hair… even in her eyebrows!
Just give me my pacifier and let me sleep already.
I had a scary moment with Mallory tonight. We got home and she was sleeping in her car seat, so I left her in there while I went and started laundry. I then wanted to go outside to check on my tomatoes so I took Mallory out of her car seat and put her into the sling so I could have both hands in case my tomatoes were ripe enough to pick. She stayed sleeping while I did this. As soon as I got outside and down the deck steps I looked down at her, and her face was bright red and she was trying to cry/scream but nothing is coming out. I immediately turned around and went back into the house. Now, she is crying… I mean screaming like I never heard before. Almost like she was hurt or something. I freaked and yelled for Jesse to come. Then she would do it again – bright red face and trying to cry/scream but nothing is coming out and she stretches out and is kind of stiff. Then she cries hard like we never heard before. It felt like forever, but I bet it only lasted 3-5 minutes.
While she is crying we can hear that she is really congested and almost kind of chokes on it. So we get that lovely booger suction thing and start sucking – which she was so not a fan of. Then I go change her diaper and feed her and she falls asleep while eating and is sleeping hard, so I put her in the bouncy and let her sleep.
What happened? Why did she all of sudden cry like that? Was she choking on that yuck? I could tell she was stuffy-icky, because she was kind of snoring while she was sleeping. Can babies get colds this little?
It is so hard to hear her cry like that. Especially when you have no idea what is wrong. I did really well in the moment but as soon as it was over I had tears.
She seems to not be stuffy right now – and she is sleeping again without snoring. So hopefully we got it all and we never have to experience that again.
4 comments:
Mallory is so cute!!!
Sorry you had a scare with her tonight..that's a really scary one.
I think the Ellyn scare is going to always be on our minds and we will never forget that moment and all other babies we will be looking to make sure they can breath. You taking care of her in the moment shows your mother ability took over, just like mine did with Ellyn. Just watch and listen to her and take note of everything. She is super cute in her yellow dress.
Love, Mom
Lynn- Mallory is just adorable in that yellow dress. I can see why aunt steph wanted a picture. Just precious.
And I remember those baby scare days- they are no fun, but it sounds like you and jesse did a great job of keeping everything under control. You guys are great parents!!!
L
First she is just adorable in that dress it goes very well with that red hair of hers. Where did that come from? I love it though. Secondly I loved how quickly the pictures went from hands to sliding to tears. Just pick me up mom:) Too fun.
Post a Comment