Friday, August 28, 2009

Buy Stock in Shout-Out

I’m not sure how some thing so small.  So sweet.  So innocent.  So cute.  Can make such a horrible mess!IMG_6491 This girl has one diaper explosion a day!  I’m not lying!  One a day!!

IMG_6496

They are so bad!  And they always happen around the same time every day!  I’m thinking I could probably potty train her real quick! 

IMG_6493Today I set her in the Bumbo seat on my desk while I am working.  I look over at her and she has that look on her face… my other fellow moms know that look… that look of… this is going to be a big one!

I instantly grabbed her and started my way upstairs.  By the time I got upstairs into her room and laid her on her changing table.  It had run down her pant leg – got on both her socks – and all over MY shirt!

And not even 30 minutes earlier I changed her and made sure I put the diaper on good so there would not be any leakage!!

IMG_6494The girl has tons of clothes – so that isn’t too much of a problem.  But all her clothes are for summer… and well it is not summer here!  Okay it is summer, but it is a cold summer.  The other morning I went to the grocery store and she had her bare feet sticking out from under the blanket and this Grandma came up behind me and said… oh its too cold – cover those feet up, and she pulled her blanket over her feet.  (And actually it was warmer that day.)

Today I had her in last warm outfit that fit her good and was actually clean.  Long sleeved white onesie and a pair of pink comfy pants with socks.  Now she is wearing this outfit (in the pictures) that is a bit big for her.

IMG_6497Basically what I am getting at is… anyone know what I am doing wrong?  Why does she explode out her diaper every day!?  I have tried Pampers and they were horrible!  So I am back with Huggies Supreme.  I mean she has exploded every where – onto my carpet!  In her carseat!  On my lap!   In Walmart!  Ruins an outfit every day!  Shout-out is my new best friend!

7 comments:

The Rau's said...

I have no advice...I am just laughing (with you, not at you) I agree, Pampers are awful...Huggies are the way to go. Good luck with the laundry. Hee hee hee.

Connie said...

Oh my she is so cute I think your making this stuff up. Bring her to Grandma until she's 16 and I'll see if I can figure out the problem. ;)

Love, Mom

Bethany said...

We heard people had trouble with Huggies until their little ones were in size 2 or 3... for the smaller ones they used Pampers Swaddlers. We used swaddlers for a little while with Ella, too, and liked them. But, we use cloth most all the time and I'll tell ya, there are some downsides to it, but expolosions aren't one. We almost never have a problem with poop anywhere but in her dipe (and she's a big eater and big pooper!).

Anonymous said...

Lindsey always leaked with Huggies. I never thought to switch with her. With Ashley, I used Luvs, and the Walgreens supreme store brand. We usually had very few blowouts.

Nancy Wilson

Abbie said...

Hey Lynn,
man she is cute. I'm with bethany on this one-- we use cloth and never had a problem, though when we occasionally use a disposable she still leaks, even at 10 months. not sure what to tell you. jeff pretty much hates the disposable diapers, prefers cloth, which I didn't see coming!
your house is looking awesome... I've enjoyed seeing it coming along. hope all is well with you guys-- we miss you! Tell jesse hi.

abbie.

Katie said...

Hmmmm is this what I have to look forward too? Thanks for the heads up Lynn:) On the bright side of things she really is adorable. Those pictures of her are just too cute. I'm seeing some Hemmer in her a bunch too:)

Tabby said...

She is adorable! Tide sticks work well too. You can even carry one in your purse :)