Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday… Operation Organization

I’m down to only two more days left before I go back to work.  Six weeks went way too fast and I’m not ready to go back.  I could do this stay at home mom stuff easily!

Anyway – Jesse took today off so that we could finish off our basement.  Hang the rest of the curtains.  Move the furniture around.  Put up shelving in the office.  Clean out the warehouse… I mean our spare bedroom.  Except Jesse is over at the neighbors right now helping him learn how to use a GPS.  So… I’m going to show you some before pictures while I wait for him to come back to do some heavy lifting. 

Here is a corner of the living room that shows you the curtains, wall color, and my splash of color. 

IMG_6268 Here is where a big majority of our focus will be today… on our office area.  Last night we went and got industrial type shelving so we can move Jesse’s products in here and organize them nicely.  We also ordered counter top!  Where are desks are on the left – we are going to put a huge piece of counter top there and have shelving underneath it.  We will have two work stations there.  Then we ordered another piece of counter top to have like an island – so we can package and do shipment for Jesse’s business.  The ‘island’ will go about where you see that couch sitting. 

IMG_6270

I am very excited about this island – because when Mally gets older she can sit there and color, do puzzles, etc. while I am working!! 

Here is the warehouse… aka: the spare room.  All of this stuff is product for Jesse’s business and believe it or not we are completely out of two of his products so this actually looks good.  By the end of the day this room should be cleared and ready to be turned into a guest room.  

IMG_6272

Our tile is in and we can go pick it up.  If time allows (depending on how quickly we work and how long it takes to teach a guy how to use a GPS… it is still too early for beer this morning so that won’t delay him) we may be able to go pick it up and start that!!  Here is what the bathroom looks like.  Very ready for tile.  Shower installed.  Walls painted.  Ceiling painted. 

IMG_6273 Yup, we burnt out a light bulb already and we haven’t even been able to use the bathroom!! 

Lets just hope that sweet little Mally does a lot of this today, so we can get lots done.  Lets also hope that her mommy pushes away all instincts to pick her up and snuggle – she has lots of work to do today.  This is when I love that I am nursing… because I have to hold her and snuggle her and talk to her and make her smile & coo and oh yeah, feed her!  : )

IMG_6269

Alright I better go get this mission started.  I’ll be back with the after pictures soon… I hope.  That GPS must be tricky… he is still MIA.  Maybe they need a girl to show them!  ; ) 

5 comments:

arturlington said...

The house is coming along! I love the pics, especailly of snuggle-huggable- sleeping baby girl! She is so beautiful!

Connie said...

Don't forget you have to meet us for a late lunch.... you will be a busy girl today and if Jesse doesn't come back soon I'd send out the search party cuz I'm thinking he's just trying to get out of work.

Natalie said...

Wow you have a lot going on!! I can't wait to see all the after pictures and I think I may need to see it all in person too...especially if you have a spare bedroom :) I can't believe you have to go back to work already!!! Remember when you talked about only taking 4 weeks off? I thought you would change your mind after the baby came. Don't work too hard and enjoy your snuggle time :)

Bethany said...

Wow. I'm impressed at your initiative. That's a lot to have going on with a teeny tiny girlie around! She's so beautiful. And, it looks like your rooms are going to look great. I can't wait to see some after pics.

arturlington said...

I was thinking about today being your first day back at work (or should I say employment). We were thinking about you and Mally a lot today- blessings,
Amanda