Friday, July 24, 2009

Baby Friends

Last night our friends came over and I just had to get a picture of the babies next to each other. 

IMG_6274Coy (in the orange) is 3.  Jude is just about 2 weeks old.  And Mallory is just about 7 weeks old. 

IMG_6275

We gave our friends a hard time when they told us they were pregnant with Jude.  She wanted another baby for a really long time but her husband wasn’t on board yet and he told her “When Lynn and Jesse have a baby then we can have one.”  (I think he thought that would buy him some time.)  She held him to it!  Soon after we told them we were pregnant… they were too!!  Ms. Mallory has a little boyfriend already!  Wait… no boyfriends Mallory!!  Boys are yucky!!  They have boy germs!!  ; )

Its Friday!!!  So far I have made it a whole week of this work stuff.  Well, I haven’t started my work day today yet – but I’m pretty sure I’ll make it.  Mally has been awesome!  She has slept threw the night the past 3 nights!!!  This morning I woke up on my own at 6:50ish and she was still sleeping!  When she sleeps all night she is the happiest baby during the day!  She must take after her Mommy and needs her sleep!  She sleeps most of the morning while I am working and wakes up right before I take lunch.  During my lunch hour I can play with her and get her good and sleepy again so she can take an afternoon nap.  That nap is much shorter, only an hour or so.  Then she is awake most of the afternoon, but Jesse is home by then so I have an extra pair of hands to help out.  She’ll stay awake (after this afternoon nap) until about 8pm where she takes a quick nap before I give her a dream feeding.  My mornings are my busiest time at work, so it is awesome that she takes her longest nap then.

Our basement is almost complete.  We are waiting for our countertops to come in… actually hoping I get a call today that they are in and we can go pick them up tonight so we can install them tonight.  I don’t want to show you pictures until the countertops are in – so once that is in I can show the after pictures.

We have the bathroom tile in our possession!  The guy we were going to have install the tile (a neighbor) wasn’t 100% confident he would be able to do what we wanted (too many angles) so now we are back to waiting on this tile guy (who we bought it from).  For sure this bathroom will be done before Mallory turns 18 and moves out of the house!  ; )

2 comments:

arturlington said...

I can't image Mallory turingin 18 months much lest 18 years! I am glad she is a good little sleeper! I know it makes a world of difference! Continued blessings to you all- and thanks for the teip regarding the hooks for coats, etc! I am really considering it!

Bethany said...

I love the pics of the kids together. It's fun to see Mallory's size in relation to other kiddos.

I'm so glad you're doing alright with work and Mal is fitting into your routine well. Blessings as this becomes your "normal."