Thursday, July 09, 2009

Sneak Peek

One of my goals for my maternity leave was to finish our basement.  I started to paint it while I was pregnant, but my legs and feet didn’t like it.  (They would swell to unpleasant sizes.)  And if I am going to be honest… I lost my drive and energy!  : ) 

Well my drive and energy came back in full force at the end of last week and I dug up my paint brushes and rollers and decided to finish this project off before I go back to work.  This way I’ll have a fresh work environment!  Plus I’ll have a “play room” for Mally.

Today my Mom came over to go garage sailing… except we only found 2 garage sales!!  We didn’t have enough shopping so we decided to head into the city… and we would look for garage sales on the way!  ; )  Um… we found Walmart!!  She was my personal interior decorator and we found so many fun things to finish off my project!!  I am too excited about it so I have to share with you…

The wall on the left is the before.  The wall on the right is what I am painting.  I have that wood all the way around the room and this house has too much wood for a girl in her 20s!!  I decided to paint it!  Right now I have all the wood painted and the room already looks and feels brighter!

Doghouse 003We circled Walmart until we found the pop of color that would work best with my wall colors.  It had to be blue!!  I am not usually a blue girl, but I really liked this blue today and thought it would be perfect in this room. 

We got curtains, curtain rods, pillows, a throw blanket, blue accessories… all at Walmart!  Who knew you could decorate your house at Walmart!

Doghouse 004

Yes, we are still working on that bathroom project.  My goodness, I never would of guessed that would of taken 7 + months!  Our tile is suppose to be here tomorrow!!  Once the tile is installed we can put in the sink and put the faucets on the tub… and I think it will be functional!

Alright, I must go wake up my snoring baby!  For some crazy reason I stopped doing my “dream feeding schedule” because she extended to 3 hours – so I thought she didn’t need it anymore.  Wrong-o!  This whole week she has been a restless sleeper.  Last night I unconsciously did the dream feed schedule and she slept awesome!!  Seriously – my pregnant friends out there – Use this!!  Feed them at 6, 8 and then at 10!  The 10 feeding they should be really sleepy and almost sleep threw the feeding!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay a house update:) I was just wondering how some of those projects were coming along. I can't wait to see how your basement looks once your done. Great color choices too. Seeing so much wood panneling in houses always scared me, now that I know that it can be painted and actually look fantastic I won't be so scared anymore. Great job Connie and Lynn:)