Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Creating a Schedule

I’m a routine kind of girl, so that means I would love it if Mallory was a routine kind of baby!  This week I am trying to create that in her.  Jesse went back to work and I thought it would be perfect timing to start our own little routine here at home.

I asked my friend about how she put her kids on a schedule and she said she used BabyWise and said it worked out great for them.  I don’t have the book – so I googled BabyWise and found a blog on it!  Of course the first thing I clicked on was how to get your baby to sleep longer at nights and sleep threw the night!!

One of the things they tell you to do is to feed them at night at 6, 8 and dream feed them at 10.  Dream feed is where you feed them and they are not fully awake.  So I tried this the last couple of nights.  The first night worked great with only waking up once!  The second night, not so great!  I couldn’t get her to wake up enough to have her dream feeding!  She seriously pressed her lips together and would not open her mouth!!  I even changed her diaper and she still didn’t wake up!  So I put her to bed and she woke up twice that night!!  Last night I was able to give her a dream feeding and she only woke up once again.  So I think they are onto something with this dream feeding business!! 

----------

What’s a post without pictures?  Last night we took Miss Mallory for a walk out in the woods.  Jesse has taken her a couple of times and he puts her in this little sling that we bought.  But I don’t really like our sling because she looks like a ball in there and it doesn’t look comfortable.  So I tried out this other carrier thing that I found in my sister’s stuff at my parents house.  (Shannon did you even know you had this?)  Mally was so stinkin cute in it that I just had to take some pictures!!

IMG_6212 It went from 90 degrees hot and humid weather to barely 50 degrees windy and cold weather!  So she had to buddle up in her little hat and I had to put a blanket around her!

IMG_6216

I wanted her to stay awake on our walk – but she must of been too comfy in there because she fell asleep.

IMG_6218But she woke up when I was getting her out of it.  She is so alert these days and she just checks every thing out.  She is also starting to give us big smiles!  And while she is sleeping some times it sounds like she is giggling!  Little baby noises are too cute!!

3 comments:

The Rau's said...

OMG...those eyes. I don't think I've seen them open that big before. She is so cute.

Connie said...

Is Jesse playing with her or having a session with her? He looks like it's serious and Mallory is wide eyed listening. Her eyes are getting as big as Garrett.

Good luck with the schedule, if you can get her on one you will love it.

Mom

Unknown said...

She is so cute! I love the picture of you and her!