Friday, February 05, 2016

Week 5

Melanie!
Have I told you that she is appearing to be left handed?!
Very much uses her left hand to eat and color and dip toothbrushes into the toilet with!!
{{Who keeps leaving the lid to the toilet up!?!}}
I feel like this whole left hand business has explained so much to me with this child! ;)


Mallory & Maxwell!
Over lunch one day a meeting of sorts was going down.  They both wanted to make a tunnel in the snow.  Mallory announces that we need to draw a plan.  Gets scrap paper she finds in the junk drawer, a broken crayon and starts drawing out their plan.


Max very much doubted her plans and asked her the same question over and over and over and over and over and over and over until I freaked out and said, "MAXWELL!!  Don't say the words 'what about the look-out tower' again!  She obviously has a plan that you can't see and you just need to trust her!" He wasn't happy with me! 


Lunch was over.  I sent them on their way and told them I would do their lunch chores since they were so very excited to get started on this tunnel.  Got all the chores done, put Melanie to bed and looked out the window to check on them because it was time to start school!

Oh! My! Word!
They made a tunnel!!


I grabbed the camera and ran!


The snow was not packing this day!  So they had to shovel and scoop it into a mound and then they had to make a tunnel!


A month or so ago my mom told me I think Mallory is going to be an engineer. Watch out for her because she is going to be drawing plans on napkins and writing out plans on tiny scrap paper and you will find them every where.  Then this day happened - where she drew a plan on a scrap paper and went to town and did it!!!  

Max was her doubting and fearful side-kick!  He may have doubted but he took orders and followed directions like a champ!!  Fearful because he wouldn't try the tunnel first because what if it fell on him.  So Mallory had to go first and she says, "Yeah!  Max made me go first and then he tells me if it falls on me he is going to stomp more snow on me!"  Always cracking jokes and clowning around Mr. Max!!  Showing those focused and determined ones that there is always room for a laugh and some fun!

No comments: