I am so far behind on my blogging it makes me sad. I am sure it is only going to get worse as soon as little baby girl gets here… but I’m in denial with that. I love looking back and reading the stories of the kids because I forget so much!! Just the other night I wanted to know something, can’t remember what, and I was way back in the blog and I was watching a video of little bitty Mallory. I’m not kidding – I was crying!! Oh my goodness! It is such a treasure to have these memories recorded and written down!!
Back on track.
We really did have Easter. This year I decided that just hiding eggs and a basket wasn’t fun enough. So I made a scavenger hunt. I think it might be my new tradition. However, I need to work on my clue giving skills. I wanted 10 clues and it took me a full hour (of full on concentration – kids were in bed, it was quiet, no tv, no music, full concentration) to come up with 5 clues! Jesse walks in and I tell him I need 5 more clues and he rattles them off in 10 minutes!! So we had our 10 clues… and next year I won’t try to do it alone, I’ll make him do it with me from the very beginning!
I didn’t get any picture of the kids running on their scavenger hunt. I just got a few pictures of them at the end finding their “baskets”.
In the dryer of course!
I never do traditional Easter baskets either. This year they were in need of new helmets for the RZR – the kids had picked out helmets months ago with Jesse when he ran across a sale online. However, they forgot about it and we had them hiding – to be used as Easter baskets.
Inside their helmets they got a pair of riding goggles (for the RZR), flip flops, sunglasses, and a movie.
Mallory got… you guessed it… Frozen. She was beyond thrilled!! That movie has just gotten into her and she loves every thing about it! She was a huge Anna fan, but has recently moved onto Elsa! She now runs around pretending to freeze things.
Max got the movie Barnyard. When we were “living” in our camper last spring (and all it did was rain) I let the kids pick movies from the library. Barnyard was the first movie they grabbed. I never heard of it. Max really likes this movie. He can tell you all about it. He can even quote lines from the movie. My favorite is when Max will randomly say “Salt lick”. Sends me into giggles. It’s a super funny movie.
So the helmets we got them. Lets talk about that experience!! Up until now the kids have been too little for real helmets. When we would go riding we would put bike helmets on them (they are required to have a helmet by law). This year we thought they were ready for the real helmets. Jesse measured their heads… Max has a bigger head then Mallory! We let the kids pick out the one they wanted. We ordered them. They don’t like helmets (especially Max) so we were trying to keep it as light and as fun as possible.
We go to put Mallory’s on on Easter morning. We get it on, but she says it is too tight. We take it off and she really didn’t like that. It tugged on her ears when we took it off. We had to talk her into trying on Max’s because his was bigger to see if that one fit her so we knew what size to get her. We get it on – she says much better.
We go to put Max’s helmet on him. We get it on. He doesn’t like it – wants it off. It is too tight (which we should of known since it fit Mallory, but that never crossed our minds). We go to take it off. Cant get it off! Stuck! On his head! He freaks out! Cries! Jesse is pulling! It is so stuck on his head that when Jesse is pulling it off – Max is about to be lifted off the ground by this blasted helmet! It is not coming off! Max is in full on panic mode now! We did get the helmet off! And we traumatized Max!! Not what we wanted! We haven’t talked about it since with him.
We spent the rest of the day going to church and seeing family.
No comments:
Post a Comment