Thursday, May 01, 2014

Button Reward–Bowling!

Mally & Max are still working hard and doing their jobs earning buttons almost every night.  Mally totally gets the buttons and her favorite thing to do is cash them in to watch a movie.  Max doesn’t spend his!!  He likes to mooch off his sister – she was the one always paying for the movie… we finally caught on though and he had to buy the snacks.

Otherwise they are little savers of their buttons!  They had so many buttons I was just about out of buttons to pay them!  I came up with a new reward – bowling!  It would cost each of them 120 buttons.  They both had enough (with plenty extra).  To the bowling alley we went!

20140419_170558 (2)

I’m really trying hard to let go and just let Mallory wear what she wants.  It is so hard for me!  Especially if we are going to be in public.  I practiced this day.  We were going to a family event + the bowling alley… but I let her express her style.

Maybe I did this to myself!  See I totally remember dressing her in crazy outfits when she was wee tiny.  Strips, animal print & flowers.

IMG_6574[4]

Yup!  I did it to myself! 

20140419_170604 (2)

Mally would toss her ball down the isle and then slowly walk backwards watching her ball knock down pins.

20140419_170618 (2)

The ball was almost bigger then Max.  But he was in a do-it-himself kind of mood.  And when that happens (which is super rare) we just let him do it!

20140419_170723 (2)

He would either stand with hands on his hips and watch or…

20140419_170732 (2)

… he would come back here and stand with hands behind his back and watch.

20140419_170742 (2)

I didn’t realize how often Max puts his hands behind his back until one of my Uncle’s saw him do it last summer.  Apparently my Great Grandpa often had his hands behind his back… which would be Max’s Great Great Grandpa. 

The kids did great bowling.  And it was a great reward for working so hard on their jobs each day.

No comments: