I can’t take it! I can’t take it! I’m so done playing toys! I don’t want to play toys for another day!
Now my kids are super great players and are not bored with playing toys and pretend. But I am! And they want me to play with them sometimes. But I’m so bored with it!
We have another month to two months left of this being locked inside. So I took the plunge and ordered a school kit for us to do. I follow a lot of homeschool blogs (homeschooling fascinates me – in a good way) and the one lady has preschoolers and she talks all the time about Mother Goose Time. I’ve been on the website a 100 times and I think about buying it… and then I don’t. Well – I did it this time!
I re-arranged the playroom and moved some toys out so that we could have a Mother Goose Time Corner. The kids were so excited – but mostly I was the most excited!
It arrived yesterday and I went to town during nap assembling my little space. Mother Goose Time is a monthly subscription and it is a theme, a color, 2 letters, a shape, 2 numbers, a country, and a feeling each month.
I went ahead and ordered the March one even though it is very much spring related and we have 9,000 feet of snow on the ground and won’t know spring until May. But we are learning all about the pond this month!
The best part is all the crafts are planned. The supplies are all there. (I just have to have tape, colors, markers, glue, stapler, paint, etc on hand.) They have games for you to play. It comes with music cds – which is a huge hit for Max. He loves to sing the silly songs. It has science projects. It is has everything. A lesson plan even!
We did our first day today. The kids called me Mrs. Hauser (Mallory’s teacher) the whole time. They thought we were playing pretend school.
It was all about turtles today. They got to make a turtle.
Their finished turtles!
The turtles were a HUGE hit! They loved them and played with them the rest of the day!
We also learned about the color purple and diamonds. Here they are pretending to be in a pond and the diamonds are bugs. They have to catch a bug with the tweezers and feed the animals we have around the pond.
We had cards with animals on them – but Max put a duck in our pond. Then they got to the end and realized that they never fed the duck any bugs. So Mallory fed the duck a bug.
Max was loving this!! They also had to sort the bugs by color and put them with the animal that was the same color as the bug.
It took maybe an hour to do a full days projects that they have planned. But we are moving pretty quickly. This is basically for daycares… but they sell to moms too.
When it was all over they wanted to keep going – so we did another day and learned about snakes.
It was a huge hit! For both the kids and even me! I’m looking forward to the next day already!
No comments:
Post a Comment