I came to the decision that I wasn’t going to have a garden this year. With a newborn baby – I just didn’t think I would be able to maintain it properly. I also didn’t want our raised gardens to just grow into a weed garden. I decided I should plant some flowers in there. All I have to do (or have the kids do) is just water it. Let them do their thing and admire the fun flowers. These gardens are huge though and it would cost a fortune to plant enough flowers.
We are attempting to grow our own!!
Jesse was snowmobiling last weekend and I was feeling patient so I had the kids help me plant the seeds.
When Max is concentrating really hard he opens his mouth like this.
I took the above picture of Mallory and went… oh girlfriend we need to wrangle that hair!
It was messy! But I was so relaxed and was trying really hard to not be a perfectionist about this and let the kids just do what they had to do.
Here are the seeds we picked out.
Mallory is very much Type A personality… she filled hers row by row.
Max is Type B – sporadically filling his.
Each one of them picked out sunflower seeds to plant.
Planting the seeds was a bit crazy. So I didn’t get any pictures of that. It required my full attention.
Do you know how tiny flower seeds can be?! Wow! They were kind of a pain to plant. Mallory was really gentle when planting. Maxwell was really aggressive and I’ll be surprised if any of his sprout!
No comments:
Post a Comment