Tuesday, March 11, 2014

40s Never Felt So Good

A couple weeks ago I heard on the radio that we were a few days away from breaking a record.  The record of having the most below zero days!!  We were close to 60 days below zero!!!  And we all felt it!  The cold was definitely wearing on us!

So when Monday came and it was upper 30s… and then upper 40s… we spent lots of time outside soaking it up!

Jesse had scraped all the snow/ice off our driveway the day before so we had a real blacktop driveway again.  Mallory couldn’t wait to get her bike out.

IMG_7737

She remembered how to ride!  : )  I kept teasing her that she was going to forget because it had been so long since she rode her bike.

IMG_7738

It was kind of hard to ride in all her snow gear so she didn’t ride very long.  Plus I think we need to move her seat up this year – she looked very crunched on it.

They thought it was so much fun to dig in the snow underneath the pine trees and find the branches that fell off.

IMG_7740

Maggie even dug with them.

IMG_7742

Then they attempted to build a snowman.  But I couldn’t help them because I didn’t put my snow gear on.

IMG_7744

Max was over here torturing my struggling baby tree.  I yelled at him.  To which he replied “Our snowman needs arms”.

IMG_7745

It was so funny watching them build this snowman by themselves.  They would literally throw on another snowball and the whole thing would crumble and fall over.

IMG_7746

Then she would make another snowball.

IMG_7749

Then she would get stuck!

IMG_7752

Max found the arms off our old snowman that has melted and fell over.

IMG_7755IMG_7758

They couldn’t get it and got mad.

IMG_7759

Then we attempted our first walk of the season.  Which was an epic fail.  It was too close to lunch time.  And melt downs happened.  Mallory literally sat on the side of the road and cried.  Her legs were tired.  Max was being pushed his car… Max knows he is not much of a walker so he is taking the easy way and making us push him.  Well he refused to give Mallory a turn in the car so that she could rest her legs.  She cried.  Then we finally convinced Max to give her a turn and then he cried.  We made it home and went straight for lunch and then a nap to quickly follow!! 

After nap they started running around my kitchen island.  Which drives me crazy!  But it has been a hard winter and I know they need to get that out – so I let them do it for awhile.  Then I remembered hey – it is super nice outside… go get your water boots on and run outside! 

This time I just threw them in water boots, jackets and hats.  It was even warmer out then earlier. 

IMG_20140310_164110 (2)

Mallory wanted to make hopscotch… and she is old enough this year to draw it herself and write the numbers in order!!!  So fun!  Yet so sad because she is growing up!  I had to help her with the number 2, 5 & 6.  Which she told me what number to write – I did not help her with what number came next. 

IMG_20140310_165432 (2)

It felt so good to spend most of the day outside and remember what spring feels like!  We are ready for warmer weather to stick around for awhile!

No comments: