Monday, March 31, 2014

Bow Hunting

The hunting obsession continues.  Max saw a commercial for a nerf bow & arrow and immediately had to tell us he would like one for his birthday.  Then Grandpa showed up one weekend with nerf bow & arrows for the kids!!  I don’t know if Grandpa Dave knew he wanted one or just saw it and thought of Max and got one for them.

IMG_7788

Mallory was so dang cute shooting.  She had such a stance.  I kept thinking of the Hunger Games when I watched her. 

IMG_7791

These bullets had little window suctions on them so I drew a target on the patio door and let them shoot the window.

IMG_7793

Then Mallory had to draw some more targets and number them.

IMG_7796

Max cheats.  He has to put his bullet right up to the target and shoot it… this way he don’t miss.

IMG_7799

This kept them entertained for a good chunk of the afternoon!  Then the next morning they were at it again.  Except this time I was way more creative and decided to draw scenes on the window.  So we drew a bear and a tree… with a bird in the tree… I attempted a duck in the sky.

We talked Max into standing a bit further away – and then his bullets actually stick to the window.

20140323_121602 (2)

A little bit of our picture we drew.  Max got the bear in the ear!

20140323_121606 (2)

Mallory had to draw animals too.  She is becoming such a good little artist.  She’ll take a picture of something (like from a story book or a sticker) and she’ll draw it.  To me it is amazing that she can do this and it actually looks like the image she is copying.  She gets even the smallest details!!  She has really been on a drawing & coloring kick the last few weeks.  Her color books are just about empty and the crayons are dull.  I sharpened all of them and they are all dull again.

20140323_121627 (2)

IMG_20140323_121415 (2)

It has been a week now and they are still changing the pictures on the window.  The pictures have changed though from animals to Rapunzel and Flynn.

No comments: