About 75% of the time… I think it would even be safe to say 85% of the time… my kids play together so well. They have gotten to the point where they run off and play together and I go do my thing. I don’t have to supervise. I don’t have to listen in. I don’t have to check on them. They play. Play hard.
Sometimes Mallory is Rapunzel and Max has to be Flynn. Sometimes Mallory is Carrie Underwood and I don’t know what Max is. Sometimes Mallory is Hillary (from Lady Antebellum) and Max has to be Dave or Charles (from Lady Antebellum). Sometimes Max is Adam (my brother) and Mallory is Monica (my brother’s girlfriend) and they carry around stuffed baby animals as Junior (My brother’s little baby). Sometimes they play tractors. Sometimes they play monster trucks. Sometimes they are both cats.
Like I said they play and play super hard. I truly love it! I love listening to them. There is lots of emotion in their playing. There is lots of pretending. Lots and lots and lots of pretending.
When they play hard like this – I have gotten into the habit that I don’t check on them. I can usually hear them. And you know when they are fighting because Max cries. Max always cries. So if there is no crying – they are good. Sometimes I don’t even check if Max is crying. He can tend to cry for very silly reasons and they work it out in a few seconds. Other times I have to go in and be Judge Mom and solve the problem.
Because they play so well together Max has no idea how to play by himself. He has always had Mallory right there with him. Her going to school 2-days a week as really thrown us. He is literally lost with out her. He kind of paces around and asks me to play with him or to snuggle him and watch a show. As soon as we get her back from school – they are gone! They have missed each other and they run to play.
We like to think that their closeness comes from having to share – everything. They share a tiny room. They know no different. They never fight about it. They have their own beds and they are usually pretty protective of their beds – but everything else in the room is no big deal to them. I even make them share drinks if I’m running errands and I stop to get lunch. I make them share meals sometimes… they are not big eaters. I seriously make them share a lot. Sometimes they complain – but if they chose to complain then they just don’t get any. That usually turns the complaining right off.
All that being said. This particular night the kids are once again playing. I’m in la-la land… I think I was texting my Mom. Jesse was there but I’m not sure what he was doing either. They were playing so well and they were right in the same room as me – but I just never thought to peek at them.
When it was time to pick up toys and go to bed – oh boy what we discovered!! They had gotten into the rice again! However this time they didn’t use the tractors for it. They sprinkled it all over the floor feeding “the baby fox”. It was everywhere! So… you make a mess – you clean up your mess. Both kids love vacuuming – so it was almost a treat to them. Maxwell is so funny with the vacuuming. He has a hard time handling it – so I couldn’t resist taking his picture.
Jesse says “Wow. You had a lot of fox to feed.”
Mallory says “No. It was just one baby fox.”
Well that baby fox did not like to eat in one spot!
No comments:
Post a Comment