Monday, January 06, 2014

Family Time

It was the last day of our Christmas vacation and we decided we needed to get out of the house and do something as a family.  I thought we should go to the Children’s Museum.  I was only there once when Max was a baby and I have wanted to go back ever since but I wanted both Jesse and I to be there so we each could take a child and go explore.  Just in case they both didn’t want to do the same thing.

I made a tough call and decided not to bring my camera.  I wanted to… but I wanted to stop and just enjoy the time we had.  If I have my camera I tend to be behind the camera and not paying attention.  I decided cell phone shots would have to be good enough to capture the moment.  And I think they are.

The first area is a pretend city.  A grocery store with a check out.  Then we moved over to the diner where the kids cooked for us.

20140102_120145

Little chefs behind the counter!

20140102_120148

Jesse wanted a taco.  The kids are looking for a taco for him.  He was a pretty demanding customer.  ; )

20140102_120151

Then they went over to the bank and got some money.  Lots of money!

20140102_121737

There was an area where you could climb into a mouth and through the intestines and stomach – to learn about digestion, I guess. I can’t remember.  Anyway when you climbed up the tongue it would make a crunching sound.  Well that FREAKED Max out.  He cried and refused to go.  Mallory braved it and went in and learned that it was a slide. 

Upstairs was all about Wisconsin.  They got to milk a cow and drive a tractor.

20140102_123859

Of course the tractor was a huge hit.

20140102_123923

Famer Max.

20140102_124116

The downstairs was all about water and crafts.  This was Max and Jesse’s favorite area!!  Mallory and I played for a bit and then we went to do a snowman craft project.  The boys never even knew we were missing until her craft project was done.  Then they came to find us.  Didn’t last long – Max was begging to go back to the water.  So we did.

20140102_132411

It was a little water obstacle course.  You drop balls into the bin and then you have to use the water & pressure to get your ball over to the other side of the room.  The kids are going to have a race to see who’s ball will come out the other side first.

20140102_132422

Jesse working the controls trying to move the balls into the pipes.  I told you he was a big fan of this area.  Check out that concentration!

20140102_132425

Mallory’s ball made it into the tube first! 

20140102_132503

They run over to the end and retrieve their ball… to bring it back to do it all over again!

20140102_132507

We all loved our adventure out and it was a perfect ending to our Christmas Vacation.

No comments: