Thursday, January 23, 2014

Baby Bump–17 Weeks

IMG_7606-1Oh Emotions!  When I was younger I cried so easily.  I cried if I was happy.  I really cried if I was sad.  I cried if I saw something sad.  I cried if someone else cried.  I cried.  I cried.  After having kids it got better.  I started to get control over it.  Now.  Pffsh.  Gone.  No control.  I cry over everything imaginable!!  Everything.  Here are some examples lately… watching American Idol and a contestant gets real emotional – TEARS!  Like ugly tears/crying face!  Jesse came home one day from work with a coffee in his hand.  I didn’t think anything of it – thought it extremely strange because he is never going to fall asleep with caffeine that late at night.  Then he tells me… he brought it for me!  CRYING!  I literally had tears streaming down my face!  It was coffee and him telling me how special I am to him.  Couldn’t stop crying!  Mallory, Max and I are singing songs one day.  We started signing “5 little ducks went out one day over the hills and far away…”  Anyway each time you sing it you lose a duck.  It ends with “Sad mother duck went out one day…” and we do a really sad voice.  Well Maxwell does his sad face and he bursts into tears!  Not kidding!  He is crying!  Now I’m crying!  Because he is so precious that he is crying because of sad mother duck!  I so desperately wished I would of recorded that moment.  It was priceless. Max totally has my sensitive side!!  Dropping Mallory off at school the other day and there is a little girl crying in her Mom’s arm because she doesn’t want her to leave.  My eyes fill up with tears!  The teacher aid turns around and looks at me and I said “that makes me cry too.”  She looks at her watch and says “I actually want to time it” It was 10 seconds of crying for that little girl. 

Oh glorious food!  Now that I am over the hump of morning sickness – food is beyond amazing!  The simplest item will be the most wonderful thing I have ever tasted.  I was on a huge spaghetti kick for a week!  It was a night where I needed a quick supper and decided I had some canned tomatoes and tomato sauce from my garden that I would just make up some spaghetti sauce… not to toot my own horn but that was the best spaghetti sauce ever!!  I ate every last drop of it!  Sub Sandwiches are also divine!  I have to stop talking about food – I’m getting hungry!

Exercising!  I’m proud to say I’m still going to the gym about 3 times a week.  The most amazing part to me is that I’m getting up before the sun and going!!  I attempted going at night and that was just too crazy.  So I’m going in the mornings before Jesse leaves for work.  The alarm goes off and I pop right out of bed.  Literally.  I’m a snooze addict.  I have never hit the snooze on gym mornings.  The other two mornings when I have to get Mally to school- snooze!

IMG_7608-2

Boy or Girl!  In the very beginning we said we were not going to find out.  Well.  The ultra sound date is set.  The closer it gets the more crazy I get.  I think I need to know!  My Type A personality just might not let this go with not knowing!  Before we said – we have a girl and a boy we have everything we need – no need to find out.  Now I’m thinking… yes we have everything but do I want everything sitting here waiting until after baby arrives?  Having to organize and get clothes together after baby arrives?  This is baby #3… what is life going to be like with three children in the house?  Will I have time to organize clothes and dresser drawers?  Will I have time to get to the store to pick out the baby blanket?  We are a blanket family – my kids need that special blanket to carry around forever.  Oh to be Type A!!  Ahhh!

Heartburn.  Check!

Baby moving?  I’m not sure yet.  I have moments where I think – ah.  oh.  hm.  maybe.  um.  possibly.  oh.  probably not.  gas.  soon…

Not twins!  I thought for sure there were twins.  I secretly wanted twins.  Two babies in one shot!?  Heck yes!  At my last appointment they told me nope.  Just one.  And if she was wrong about that she would be really surprised.  : )

Clothing.  Ugh.  I don’t remember clothing be so uncomfortable before.  I’m already into my maternity clothes.  Which are kind of big from being stretched out from two rounds of this!  So the pants fall down!  The shirts really make me look pregnant!  So I have just found the most amazing yoga pants and t-shirts and I don’t get out of them.  I am so not a yoga pants kind of girl either.  I’m always dressed.  Every day.  Whether I’m leaving the house or not.  Nope.  Yoga pants now.  Unless I’m leaving then I’ll tough it out with real clothes… and sometimes I don’t. 

IMG_7610-4

I purposely put “nice” clothes on for these pictures – I ended up in yoga pants and sweatshirt before the night was over.

I’ve been feeling very pregnant – but looking at these pictures I’m for sure pregnant!  Wowsers! 

1 comment: