Little Man is two months old already. I say already, but it feels like Maxwell has always been with us. I am not really sure who he looks like. We pulled out Jesse’s baby pictures this weekend and he does not look like him. Jesse had a more oval shape face and Max is round. Jesse had light hair and Max has dark.
He is starting to get rolly-polly and the nicknames are coming. I tend to call him ChubbaLubba… which Mally hears and then calls him ChubbaLubba.
Cooing and Smiling. He really likes to be talked to and coos back when we talk to him. I heard him giggle once, in his sleep. It was adorable. I would giggle back and he would giggle again, all in his sleep.
Jesse always tells him he has bad Nuk Control. He can’t seem to keep his nuk in his mouth. I have caught him sucking on his fingers quite a bit lately. Either the middle two fingers or his first two fingers. When he is really hungry his fists are in his mouth and you have to pry them away to get to his mouth!
He is no where close to sleeping thru the night. I’m just craving a night of sleep and waking in the morning when I want to wake up. I’m tired of being woke up by a little person. Mally has now been waking up and coming in our room and she comes on my side (Max sleeps on my side in his own little bed) and she yells “Maxwell is waking up! Maxwell is waking up!” I finally get my eyes open to see that, no Maxwell was not waking up, but he is now. Thankyouverymuch! Max is getting up around 2am/3am and then again at 5am… but at 5 I can usually pop the nuk back in (several times) and get him to “sleep” until 5:45/6. He is kind of like hitting the snooze on the alarm clock… If I give him the nuk I can get a few more minutes of sleep. : )
He stays with the nanny now. When I was still pregnant I didn’t think that I would be leaving Max with the nanny for a few months. Ha. I think it was the third week of her being here and when she got here he was sleeping so I left him and she brought him to me when he woke up hungry. We did that for a week and then I tried him on a bottle and he did great with it. So now she gives him bottles. At this time he can do both – take a bottle and nurse without any troubles. Unlike Mallory who refused a bottle.
Maxwell even goes to story hour at the library on Tuesdays with everyone! I felt so proud of myself when she took him the first time. Obviously I trust and really like our nanny. : ) And so do the kids! Mallory still squeals every morning when they show up.
Max is fussy. There are even times when I put him down and he watches me out of the corner of eye and when he can’t see me anymore he cries and cries and will not stop until I come back and pick him back up. He can be trouble sometimes! : ) Even Mrs. C will say that “he screamed at me until I carried him around.” : ) Trouble Mr. Max! You are trouble! You are only two months old and already you know how to work the system. ; ) However, Mrs. C told me that her mom always told her you can’t spoil a baby and we both laughed.
Max has to have the last word. There are times where Max will be crying, but I can’t get to him because something else is going on and when I get over by him and while I am picking him up he stops crying instantly. Then I put him on my shoulder (his favorite spot) he gives out one last cry/yell.
He is still not a scheduled baby. Drives me crazy! I am such a routine person – and he is not.
2 comments:
Reading this post brought back SO many memories for me of when Nolan was a baby! He was the same way - the total opposite of Lauren, fought his naps & didn't sleep through the night well, wouldn't stay on a schedule...ugh! It was a hard adjustment. But, don't give up - I kept trying and he eventually got the hang of it all (it may just take longer than Mally did)!! :)
What a sweetheart! I can't believe it has been two months. I think he looks like mommy, especially around his mouth. Too cute! You have adorable children. Love the pic of Max smiling!
Post a Comment