Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chapter 2

I think it is official… we have reached the second chapter in Mallory’s world… Toddlerhood!!

She has perfected sitting on her own.  She has modified her crawl (yet again) into this sort of half sit half crawl position.  That way when she gets to her destination she doesn’t have to work so hard to sit.  LOL.  She is off the bottle!!!  Okay it has only been two days of no bottle… but I packed them away and she now drinks milk from a sippy cup.  Before she would drink anything from a sippy cup, but you put milk in it and she wanted nothing to do with it.  Speaking of milk – I’ve started to transition her to real milk this week also.  I’m on the verge of getting my OWN body back!!!  I’m so very excited to leave my little friend in the closet to collect dust for awhile!!  : )

Oh and this week I found Mallory like this when I went to get her from her nap.

Hi Momma!

IMG_8272

She was so proud of herself!! 

IMG_8271Now getting her to take a nap is a little challenge.  Especially since her sound machine batteries are dying and it only plays for literally 5 seconds and shuts off.  Yesterday I went up there and she is sitting up, banging on the sound machine… I think she was trying to fix it for us.  : )

Yes she is going to one of those that has to fall asleep to sound.  The other afternoon we were at my parents house sitting outside and she was so tired so we put her in the truck in her car seat to take a nap.  She fussed.  I told Jesse to turn the radio on… she was asleep in seconds!

I remember when I was an awkward middle schooler and my cousin, Megan, was a cool high schooler.  She had me come stay with her on a school night!!  We did such fun things like go to a gymnastics meet and then I think the basketball game.  Oh and then we went to the cafe to drink coffee and smoke cigarettes.  Anyway, that night when we finally came home to go to bed she had to sleep with the radio on and I could not fall asleep for nothing!  Good songs would come on and I would have to wait for it to end… and then another one!  Here I have turned Mally into that girl.  : )

Who do you see in this next picture?  I can’t put my finger on it.  I either see myself or my sister… or even my dad.  My Dad’s baby picture is in the hallway at my Mom’s house and when I walk by it I think I see Mally.  Even the tax guy said, “You look like Grandpa John.”

IMG_8275

4 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Mallory, I love her waving at you. She looks like your dad but I'm not sure why since you are totally Emmerich. Of course when she smiles her eyes scrunch up into narrow slits like the Emmerichs.

Anonymous said...

I showed this picture to Garrett and he is waving back and saying HI
Shann

The Rau's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Oh Miss Mallory, you get more and more fun the older you get. That first picture of her is so adorable, she's like "what's up mom, just hanging out waiting for you to get me". I do think she looks like your dad in that last picture. I'm very happy for you that your little friend gets to sit in the closet for awhile, I can't wait for mine to start collecting dust:)