I am having a hard time with my baby growing up. I know everyone told me it would happen fast… but I didn’t think this fast. I have already forgotten everything about the newborn stage. The other night I told Jesse I can’t remember getting up in the middle of the night for feedings. Was I tired? He can clearly remember. Hahaha! Strange how that happens.
It seems like she is starting to understand when I talk to her. When I say, “Where is your itsy bitsy [spider]?” She puts her pointer finger and thumbs together and moves her arms up over her head. When she is walking holding onto my fingers and I say “Lets go read stories.” She walks over to her books on the shelf.
She loves to read stories and sing songs. Patty Cake. Itsy bitsy spider. Where is Thumbkin. Tinkle little star.
She has two teeth now. The other bottom one is working its way in. She now brushes her teeth in the morning.
The only time I ever see her sit still is when I let her watch a little Sesame Street. She loves to watch that show.
Someday Mallory is going to look back at these pictures and go, “Mom what were you thinking? Yellow flowers and pink stripes?” And I will giggle and say “That was cute back then.” I do this to my Mom all the time. I gag at the pictures of me dressed in my stone wash jeans with t-shirt and LA Gear shoes with short boyish hair… and my sister is super cute with a frilly dress on and her long hair in a side ponytail holding her doll. "Mom! Why did you dress me like that? Why did I have short hair?” She tells me… “Lynn that was the style back then!”
Mommy’s girl! She will fake cry to try to get back to me if some else is holding her. You can totally tell her fake cries too – they are funny. Although sometimes that fake crying will happen all day long and it is just me and her. Those are the days where I dream of bedtime. : )
Pointing. She points to noses. She points at the pictures in her stories when you read to her.
Her eating habits have changed recently. She is starting to become picky. Like tonight we gave her some pureed ham from Easter and she spit it out. She has never actually spit food out, on purpose, before. I’ve been trying to let her do more self feeding which she is a huge fan of.
7 comments:
I love that last picture! She is just so pretty! I can't believe it's been 10 months already...time goes by so fast. It's amazing to think back at all of the stages she's gone through in only 10 months.
Time does fly, but at least you have many wonderful memories captured on film. Those are moments you will cherish always. she is adorable!
She gets cuter by the minute, Lynn! I can't believe how fast she's growing either...all you can do is enjoy each phase as it comes (and sometimes dream of the next, like when the terrible 2's hit)!
Lynn she is just the cutest little girl ever!!!! And I love those poutie little lips!!!!
L
Lynn, she's adorable... and your pictures are awesome. nice work. It all goes by so fast. they start as babies with little glimpses of bigger kids, and then suddenly they're big kids with little moments of baby... crazy. hope you're well, we miss you guys.
She is so stinkin' cute!! No matter what she's wearing she's adorable :) Two teeth already, wow!! I agree that the baby stage (and every stage for that matter) goes by waaaaaaay too fast!!! Miss you guys!
Oh Miss Mally look at your super cute dress with your funny little leggings! I just love them and I love how your mom dresses you up:) your too cute I wish I could scoop you up and give you smooches:)I can't believe in just a couple of months your gonna be 1 years old...sniff sniff. Lynn I'll be over later with a box of tissues:)
Post a Comment