Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mally, No Yelling.

I can’t tell you how many times I have said that in the last week.  Some where some how – she found her outside voice and yells all the time now.  It is kind of like a scream, but she doesn’t get a high voice, she goes deep.

I have told her ‘no’ so many times… but I don’t think she really understands what I am telling her.  She looks at me funny when I tell her no.  Sometimes she thinks I am playing and laughs at me… which causes me to giggle and then she really thinks I am playing.  I have to quick turn around and leave.  Guess what she does?  Yells again.  I’ve tried ignoring it – that doesn’t work!

She is not a very patient girl – so she yells if she wants me to hurry.  She also gets bored easily – so she yells if she is bored.  She yells if you are not doing something right while changing her.  She’s a yeller!!  : )

Then Maggie (the dog) sassed me yesterday!  I’m not lying!  It was a full on sass!  A little old man was walking by and Maggie was going nuts.  Barking like something was going to eat us alive.  So I look out the window and see the guy walking.  I open the window and tell Maggie to go lay down.  Nope, she keeps barking.  I step outside and try to catch her and tell her to go lay down.  I finally get her to lay down and I tell her to stay and I start walking away and she barks one little bark in my direction.  I whipped around on my heel and she is just looking at me like what are you going to do about that one?

Now if you walk by my house you can hear Mally yelling and Maggie barking.  We really do look like the nuts of the street.

Special Note just for myself so I can remember later:

Mally can sit up by herself now.  She gets in the crawling position and stands on her tippy toes with her head down and looks as if she is going to crash on her head and bam… she brings her feet forward and she is sitting.  She is also getting way better at crawling.  She is starting to figure out how to move her hands and knees together.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Yelling is no fun, but you will look back at this post and giggle, remembering this stage. Eleanor yelled for a while, too, but the ignoring her really did help - after a couple of weeks. She had a little relapse in the yelling world a few months later and now she understands "screaming outside only." It will get better!

The Smiths said...

Lynn, I was laughing out loud reading this! You crack me up...oh, and by the way, she totally knows what you mean when you tell her "no". They are much smarter than you think, but they want you to think that they don't understand so they won't get in trouble. I have learned that after having two! :)

Connie said...

The neighbors would really be entertained if they read your blog. Yeah Mally keep momma on her toes so she brings you over for Grandma. :)

No photos, what's up with that?