Friday, November 20, 2009

Oregon!

I was looking for a little vacation and it just so happened that we had enough airline miles to get us all out to Oregon – so we went!  Except don’t let those airline miles trick you into a totally free trip.  You have to pay to use your miles and then there is a fee for this and a fee for this mile… blah blah blah…

We basically went out to Oregon to see all our long lost friends!  We saw so many friends it just made miss them all the more.  It is also so incredible that we pick up right where we left off and it feels like we never even left or that we haven’t seen them in over 2 years!  That makes for some great friendships. 

Our incredible host and hostess had a room for us and even a vehicle!  Loved their minivan too!  The side doors automatically opened!  How awesome is that when you have a carseat and diaper bag… and on this trip I had two diaper bags.  Loved it!  We spent the first night with them, ate supper, and watched Mallory have her first (and only) melt down of the trip.  We were trying to keep her awake to adjust her to the time zone.  Well it was going on 8:30pm (10:30 her time) and she just lost it.  Cried.  Wouldn’t eat.  Just cried.  It wasn’t too long before she just crashed from exhaustion and was asleep.

The next day we went to my work to see all my coworkers again and check in.  They got to meet Mallory for the first time.  They hear her a lot when they call but now they got to put a face with all that noise. 

Then we had supper and spent the night catching up with our old classmates and neighbors!  Such a fun group of people!  Miss them tons!  Oh and what is really funny now… our group of friends has expended to a big group of KIDS!  Lets let the pictures do the talking…

Myself, Cora (13 months), Abbie, Laura

IMG_6914 This next picture cracks me up.  I can’t even remember what the conversation was.  Lin, Justin, Ryan, and myself

Jesse and Lynn Visit Nov. 2009 002  Liz and me.  IMG_6913 Justin – our friend with the mohawk.  Hopefully my little boy cousins don’t see this… they will be begging their Mom for a mohawk again!

IMG_6915

Zack – our friend with the mullet.  Hmm, maybe my boy cousins will beg their Mom for a mullet.  Hahahaha!  Do you think this is a real mullet?  Hmm…. real or fake…

IMG_6917 Mallory’s naughty parents kept her out way past her bedtime.  But she didn’t even notice.  She slept in her carseat and had no idea that people were taking pictures of her!  And peeking in on her to see how cute she was.  Don’t judge me… but Mallory slept in her carseat that entire night!  I undid her buckles, but I know not to wake a sleeping baby especially when you are staying with guests.

Jesse and Lynn Visit Nov. 2009 020

Meanwhile her parents are having a blast with some friends!  : )

Jesse and Lynn Visit Nov. 2009 019We also got to see all our friends from the church we went to.  I don’t have any pictures from this night.  There was another little baby boy this night and he was 8 weeks old I think.  Mallory does these crunches when you lay her on the floor… so we kept teasing that Mallory was working on her abs for Cooper!  ; )

So happy to be home taking a nap!

IMG_6921

These next pictures are for my Mom to show her that I am really not crazy!  Mallory does take a bottle and she will drink from it!  Guess it has to be on her own terms.  Little stinker!IMG_6923

I know it looks like there is nothing in the bottle, but there is.  She is not drinking air, I promise. 

IMG_6924

What?  Don’t you drink with your feet up in the air?

4 comments:

The Smiths said...

Cute - love the pictures and can't wait until we get to go back to Oregon at Christmas and see everyone too!! Glad you guys had a fun trip! :)

Connie said...

I can't believe she drinks from a bottle, it looks staged to me. You already fed her and she's helping you pretend so she can stay at Gramma's again. I always eat with my feet up in the air

Laura Fenske said...

It was great to see you guys and to meet Mallory. She is just so sweet and adorable. I'm glad you had a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

Love- Love the Mallory pics.....she just makes me smile every time I look at her.. Love those little leggies you put on her, reminds me of the 80's ...and that song.... shes a maniac, maniac on the floor...ok all you 80's gals I know u have this song in your head now!!

L