When strangers stop you in the grocery store to see your baby and coo at them… then they look at you and say “enjoy this time, it goes way too fast.” They are not lying! I never ever dreamed it would go this fast. Before I know it we are going to be sending her off to kindergarten – I am 100% positive I will be the mom that cries in the parking lot.
I was too anxious about starting Mally on fruits and veggies that I started this week. We started out with some bananas that I mashed up. She ate them right up and hummed the whole time. Then we tried pears this weekend– also a fan of them. Which is great because I don’t eat either of those! : ) Fruit and I don’t get along – my mouth swells and starts itching. Even raw veggies will do it too. Very strange and I should probably go see an allergist… but I haven’t.
She refuses to take a bottle. Why she took it two weeks ago and now she won’t is beyond me. My parents were going to watch her on Saturday while we went out to supper with Jesse’s family. So I practiced the bottle all week! We had tempers and big alligator tears! Finally I smarted up and thought – fine you do it then! So I handed her the bottle while she was sitting in her chair and what do you know… she drank it! So that’s what I did the rest of the week – let her do it. If I picked her up and tried to give her the bottle she would have nothing do with it and cried.
I drop her off at my Mom’s and explain that Mally thinks she is a big girl now and has to do her bottle herself. (My mom and I shed a few tears that she is growing way too fast.) Jesse and I leave and come back. We walk in the door – the first thing I notice the house is quiet! She’s not crying – which is a good sign! Then we walk in the living room and my Mom is on the couch holding Mally and Ellyn is laying beside them reading stories. I look beside them and there sits a full bottle! Grrr! We practiced all week! She ate her cereal but would not take the bottle!
My Mom says – come over here and say something to her. (Mally had her eyes closed but you could tell she wasn’t in a deep sleep.) I kneel down and say “Hey Mallory.” Her eyes pop right open and she looks at me and gives me a little grin! Then she starts wiggling! She was so excited to see her mommy!! I fed her and she was a brand new girl! She was giggling and cooing/yelling again. Little stinker so does not like it when I leave! They said she was a happy little girl up until it was bottle time and then she changed into a sad little baby who missed her mommy.
And… Jesse is sick again. Ugh. I think this is the most he has been sick ever! I remember twice of him being really sick during our 10 years together… but it has been 3 times with in the last 5 months! He seriously is holding down my couch again and I busted out that stupid lysol can! Did I mention that we leave on Tuesday night for our vacation? Hmmm… I better go see if I can whip up some magic potion and get this kid better and keep us from getting it.
5 comments:
Lynn- this mom still cries.....
And that Miss Mallory is got to be one of the cutest babies every!!!!
Love the new photos
Have a great time on your vacation-Hope Jess is feeling better.
L
Don't worry - I was the mom who cried in the parking lot...both for preschool and kindergarten! They keep telling me it gets easier, but I'm not so sure... :)
I get an itchy throat/mouth from eating fresh fruit too!! Especially with peaches and apples...finally someone else does too :) Where are you going on your vacation? Have fun!!
Have fun on vacation. Don't think the tears will ever stop. I went with Heather for Aubree's first day of kindergarten and got all teary-eyed when we were leaving. Even Nana's cry in the parking lot.
She is just beautiful! I can't wait to meet her on THURSDAY!!! Jesse better get healthy, or you are going to just have to leave him at home and come anyway, I am way to excited to see you to have his sickness mess things up. :) We could quarentine him in our back room if we need to. Or have him sit out back and we could talk to him through the sliding glass door.
I LOVE the second picture, adorable...
Post a Comment