Tuesday, August 18, 2009

HemmerFest 2009

HemmerFest Swirl

Logo for the Ladies shirts – I designed it.  My cousin Shawna bedazzled it too!!  Yes, she has a bedazzler and I am a bit jealous!

HemmerFest was a big success this year.  I think last year we had 3 campers and a couple tents… this year 15 campers!!!  We even had a camper!  Jesse’s Dad let us borrow their camper for the weekend.  It was awesome!  I think my tent days are over.

IMG_6357 Mallory (2 months) & Ava (4 months)

IMG_6358HemmerFest Tattoo

Logo for the kids shirts – I designed it.

Jett and Mallory.

IMG_6365 We had hay wagon rides.

We stopped at Grandma & Grandpa’s old farm house.  They moved when I was pretty little, but I still have a few memories of it.  My sister and I would beg Mom & Dad to take us to Grandma’s house for a bath.  We only had a stand up tiny shower in our house and we wanted a bath not a shower.  I remember the bucket of crayons that melted in the front porch.  I remember having to take a nap on Grandma’s bed when everyone else got to play out side and I could hear them playing.  I remember swinging on the swing and it broke… and everyone fell on me.   Okay, I’ll stop with my memories of the farm.  : )

IMG_6373 Here we are running to check everything out.

Here is our HemmerFest Queens, Princesses, and Prince.  : )

IMG_6396 Michelle (My brother’s girlfriend), Shawna (my cousin), Grandma, and David (my cousin)

Look what those mean cousins did to Grandma!  I love her face in this pictures.  And Shawna’s guilty face too.  Love it!

IMG_6404

Then we took Mrs. HemmerFest and parade her around the block.  I’m kidding!!

IMG_6409 We were actually headed back to the farm to get pictures of the cousins in front of the house. 

IMG_6410

I think us cousins need to get together more often.  We were giggling so hard and having way too much fun.

The Frey family came too.  They felt like they needed a visitor pass to come to HemmerFest… so my Mom made them duct tape passes. 

IMG_6424_cropped

Jerry (Mr. Visitors Son); Steph (Mrs. Visitors Daughter-in-Law); Mallory; Mary (Mrs. Visitor); David (Mr. Visitor); Jesse (Married to… I can’t remember what his pass said); Grandpa Frey (Mr. Visitor’s Dad); Grandpa Hemmer; Me (The reason for Mr. Visitor’s Invite)

HemmerFest 2009 Jesse Logo for the guys shirts – Jesse designed it.

They even hired a live band to come out and play.  They were really good and played a lot of old fun songs.  Here is Mom trying to dance with Garrett.  Little Garrett was cutting 4 top teeth and he was not happy.

Maggie stood guard of Mallory and her stroller and made sure no one woke her up. 

IMG_6439

Of course at 6am the little ones are awake and ready to play!

IMG_6441 IMG_6440

But Jesse and Maggie say it is too early to play.

IMG_6442

5 comments:

The Rau's said...

Love your pictures...I am giggling looking at them all. We should really plan a cousins weekend and go to a hotel somewhere and just hang out and laugh.

Laura Fenske said...

Your family gathering's are hilarious. I am in awe.

Brandon said...

Wait a second. Is this the same Jesse Frey that always made fun of people who brought campers camping? And now I am looking at a picture of him sleeping in one?!?!?

arturlington said...

The pics are great! I am glad you are able to share your talents and family get to have shirts to remember the entire trip by! The one thing that I don't get, Jesse's design involves beer- really? Never saw that coming!!!! Really, love the narrative and pics!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Lynn- looks like everyone had a great time... who owns grandpa and grandma old far now? sure is still lots of "nice" stuff in that shed.
L