Wednesday, August 26, 2009

2 Month Shots

Yesterday we had Mally’s two month check up and shots.  She weighs in at 12 pounds and is 23 inches long.  50th percentile in all the categories. 

I love her Dr.  She always comes in and asks how baby Mallory is, and we say good.  The Dr. looks at us and says… you can say she is perfect!!  ; )

Then it came time for those dreaded shots.  First they gave her some oral medicine stuff and she ate that up.  Then we have two nurses in there and they each take a leg.  I hold little Mally’s hands and Jesse is trying to distract her with a toy.  They give her three shots and boy-oh-boy she screamed and cried!  I scooped her up and tried to calm her down, but I was crying!  So I rocked and bounced her while Jesse talked to her and she actually calmed down pretty quickly.

They told me she could be a little fussy from the shots, but you wouldn’t know anything happened.  She’s a tough girl!!  She’ll be ready for her pink dirt bike in no time! 

They put Mally on vitamins.  I guess since I nurse her she doesn’t get enough Vitamin D.  I tried to give it to her this morning and she was giggly and smiley and I think it all ran out onto her jammies.  But she didn’t act like it was gross – she kept smiling.  We’ll try again tomorrow when she is a bit more hungry.

I took some pictures the other morning while she was having her quick power nap.  It takes her forever to wake up. 

IMG_6460  IMG_6461

Stretch.  Grunt.  Stretch.  Grunt.

IMG_6465 IMG_6463 IMG_6462Finally awake.

 

She is also grabbing onto blankets and her clothes.  I can’t get her to hold onto a toy yet, but she hold onto blankets.  So I’ve been giving her this fun ‘tag blanket’ that my Aunt made her.  There are little ribbon tags all around the edges.  Super cute!

IMG_6473 IMG_6468 IMG_6471Now that she has a little better control over her hands – everything goes in her mouth.  She does a lot of chewing and sucking on her thumb… who does she get that from?  Uncle Adam and Auntie Shannon?  ; )

Oh and she drools like crazy.  She is constantly soaked.  I’m not a fan of bibs, but I’ve been having to use them so she isn’t wet all the time.

IMG_6476She blows tons and tons of bubbles that I think her nickname should be bubbles!  She’ll blow so many that she’ll have a beard of bubbles.

IMG_6477 IMG_6479 You can even see it dripping of her little mouth! 

I hear lots of grunting… I think someone is trying to wake up.

6 comments:

Bethany said...

She is perfect! So beautiful!

Natalie said...

Mallory is absolutely beautiful!! I love all the pictures but there's something about her expression and her gorgeous eyes in that last one that makes it my favorite :) I want to snuggle with her!!! Glad she's growing well and is good and healthy.

Connie said...

Can she get any cutier? Your right she got her thumb sucking from Adam and Shannon.... or was it you that sucked your thumb till you had to wear your headgear at night???

Glad the shots didn't effect her, must be those chubby thighs Auntie Shannon likes.

arturlington said...

I love her smile- her eyes really light up!

Jody said...

Keltie absolutely loves her taggies. She now has to carry it around with her when she gets up in the morning and we snuggle. Glad that Mallory enjoys hers as well. She is precious!

The Rau's said...

I love seeing pictures of Mallory...but I think she changes with every picture you post. And, ummm I see Uncle Adam in the last picture. She's so cute!