Thursday night my friend Katie and I had the opportunity to see Dierks Bentley in concert at the Memorial Coliseum in Portland. The Randy Rogers Band and Miranda Lambert were going to open for Dierks. We had to go!!! We purchased our tickets the second they went on sale and we ended up with Floor, Row 1, Seats 31 & 32!!!! Row 1 on the floor!!!!!!! You have no idea how excited we were and how long we had to wait for this concert to finally get here!!
The day of the concert we e-mailed each other all day counting down the hours until we were done with work and could go see Dierks and Miranda from the front row!!!
We walked into the Coliseum and headed right to the front row! We knew where we were going! One of the security/workers stopped us to see if we needed help finding our seats. Nope, we showed her our tickets and she said "lucky" and let us go right on up to the FRONT ROW!
We get to the front row and it wasn't right up to the stage like we thought it would be. We had a fenced-in area in front of us without chairs and there were people standing in there. Apparently they had Floor, General admission tickets and that is how they got in there. We still had great seats and were totally giddy with excitement!!!
The Randy Rogers Band came out and they were so good! I never heard any of their songs until that night and I put their CD on my must have list. They were really good!! They had this fiddle player that was awesome. He didn't look like a fiddle player at all and he hopped all over stage. They introduced him as "the coolest kid at fiddle camp". He was the coolest!!
While they were changing the stage for Miranda Lambert, her band was standing off to the side of the stage and we could see them. It looked like they were looking right at us!! We waved. They waved back. We tried to send hand signals that said "can you get us back there" and they sent hand signals back but we couldn't figure out what they were saying. We felt pretty cool, Miranda's band was talking to us!!!!!
Miranda finally came on stage and she was awesome!! She is such a cutie!! She came out in just a pair of jeans with an awesome belt, a t-shirt with a long sleeved shirt on underneath. Totally relaxed but very stylish and cute!
It took forever for them to set-up the stage for Dierks - at least it felt like forever! As soon as the lights went out and his band started playing Katie and I turned into school girls. We grabbed on into each other and started jumping up and down and screaming!! A little too excited!
Can I just tell you about the couple next to Katie? Good, I have to! They looked like they were 18/19 years old and they were all over each other. They were dancing very close and it was very disgusting. For those of you who know what the word "grinding" means - that is what they were doing the ENTIRE time!! Not even kidding when I say ENTIRE!!! We had a fence in front of us to separate us from the "general admission", they walk up to the fence to take a picture and they stayed there!!! So now they are in front of us dancing like this!!! It was totally disgusting and very distracting!! Then they had the urge to kiss!! Oh boy! Not sure you can call it a kiss - more like a bath!! The girl next to me says "It isn't even a slow song". Dierks just has to sing "come a little closer" and they go at it even more! It was so gross!! We couldn't take it so we went up to the fence to get away from them.
While Katie and I are standing up at the fence Dierks sees us!!! He holds his guitar pick up at us, points it at us, winds up and throws it at us!!! We lost it in the light and never seen where it landed!! We felt pretty cool that he seen us! I am not even imagining things either!
Dierks has this song that is called "light domestic and cold" and before he sings the song he says he needs to grab something light domestic and cold. He walks over to what looks like a speaker and opens it up. It is a mini-fridge filled with beer! He grabs one, takes a drink and starts singing his song. Of course the crowd went crazy - you could drink at this concert. Beer bottles and beer classes were all raised up!
The concert was great. Every one did a fantastic job and we had so much fun!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
I think I can offically say that, that was the best concert I've ever been too....
Good times Lynn, good times. Thanks for being giddy w/me:)
Lynn you make me so proud to be your Mom. The way you talk and the way you write about everything is so unique. I grin while I read and then it turns into a giggle and then my eyes start to tear up and I just want to share everything with everybody because you make me so proud.
Love, Mom
Oh Mom!! You are so cute!! My style is probably unique because my grammer/spelling is terrible!!! Shannon got all that talent!! :)
When I talk to some of the girls in our care group they totally giggle at me and tell me they could listen to me talk all night - because I say things funny.
I even get corrected at work by my boss - I use these, this, and those wrong all the time!! Drives him crazy!!
But I am so glad someone thinks it is cute!!
Post a Comment