Friday, November 16, 2018

Madilyn Grace ~ One Month


Look who is one month already!!  It feels like she has been with us forever, yet one month feels so fast!


She has been such a good baby!  She has yet to cry longer then 30 seconds!  For real!  She just doesn't cry!  She grunts a lot though!  I wake up to grunting instead of crying.  She is going to bed about 10pm and waking about 2am and then again at 5:30.  


She has terrible baby acne right now.


She loves her daddy!  Oh my goodness!  If I can't get her to settle down (which means she won't stop grunting and wiggling) I pass her to Jesse and he lays her on his chest and she calms right down and falls into a deep sleep.  The nights he is gone on an overnight she will sleep so rough and when he comes back - back to sleeping good.  


The kids adore her!  They love to hold her, talk to her, play her toys for her.  This may be the reason why she never cries.  Someone is always there in seconds with every little noise she makes.  Melanie is an expert and sticking a nuk in her mouth.  Being the recovering nu-nu addict she feels for Madilyn and gives her that nuk even when she isn't fussing.  


Max told me the other day that he would like more babies in our house!  That Madilyn was so cute!  And he didn't care if we had 10,000 babies and they were all girls!  He is such a good brother to all these girls!!


Trying to get these kids to put their heads together resulted in Melanie and Mallory crashing heads.  Melanie cried and Mallory gave me her I-want-to-hurt-you face!  Then they got goofy and silly.


I have Madilyn sleeping in her crib for one of her naps.  She sleeps really well in there.  Which is when I am able to work with the kids and do some good school work!


It has been super busy with 4 kids!  The days go so fast!  Trying to balance all the things (school, work, home, baby, life) has been a good challenge for me.  It also doesn't help that I do not have a memory or a brain at all right now.  It is driving me crazy.  I find myself hauling up laundry, distracted by the baby, finding the counters need washing off from lunch, distracted by another child, to oh yeah I started this mess with laundry and back to laundry!!  I also one day opened a sucker for Melanie and instead of giving it to Melanie I stuck it in my mouth and started eating it!!  It took me a moment before I realized I had a sucker in my mouth and then I could't figure out why I had a sucker in my mouth - oh my gosh it is Melanie's sucker!!  I was just suppose to open it!  




No comments: