Monday, November 26, 2018

A Touch of Sparkle

Last Christmas when we did our annual Girls Shopping Trip Mallory saw someone getting their ears pierced and then decided that on our next trip she would get her ears pierced.  

Saturday was that day!!!  

She seemed a bit nervous but would not let anyone know that.  I could sense it in her but she was putting her brave foot forward.


I even brought gum and Tylenol along for her.  I was worried she was going to pass out!  She doesn't do needles/medical things very well.  When Melanie was a baby she passed out during a blood draw for Melanie.  Ever since that moment she now has to stand in the hallway if anyone needs shots or blood draws.  


But they have come a super long way in their tools to pierce ears!!  It didn't look anything like I remember!  


They drew on the marker dots and we teased her (to lighten the mood for her) that was all she was getting... marker dots! 


I am pretty sure she would of sat her by herself but I needed to hold her hand.


I am also pretty sure I was squeezing tighter then her.  She was not holding my hand back... as you can see in the photo above!


One earring down!!


She's so brave!!  I had to get close to see if she was sneaking tears.  Nope!!


They do one ear at a time so she had to do it again!  See - she wouldn't hold my hand that time so I held her arm.  




Grandma Connie was expecting her to cry too and had a cute little stuffed pig for her to cheer her up. She never cried!!  She got her pig anyways!




Checking out her new sparkly self!!


Couldn't wipe the smile off her face!  She was so happy to have ears pierced!!


No comments: