Ever since Mallory was tiny I read to her. We went to the library and brought home stacks of books. I think if we go back far enough in my blog you will find pictures of her as a toddler laying on her back in her room with her feet up reading a book. Back even further taking all the books off the book shelf as a tiny little baby.
All that reading stuck. She now is able to read on her own. Full blown chapter books. However, she feels like she has to tell me all about them! This morning I thought I would grab my camera and take pictures. I had no idea she was practically going to read the book to us. She told us every last detail and went on for a good 20 minutes.
She was reading out loud to Melanie before she decided to share it with me.
She is also very animated when she talks about her books.
Yup. Melanie.
Oh yes, I am walking around snapping pictures and she is just a talking about this book.
Yup. Maxwell.
She hasn't moved but the rest of us have walked circles around the place while she keeps telling us about her book.
She still had 4 more chapters left to read. Which she read that night and proudly told me the next morning that she read an 11 chapter book in 3 days!!
No comments:
Post a Comment