Monday, February 27, 2017

Ice Skating!

I am loving being part of the RVA for our schooling this year.  The RVA does so many fun things that I just didn't have time to plan when I was doing school on my own.  So far we have painted clay, joined Lego Club, Cooking Classes, Indoor Waterparks... and now Ice Skating!  We have a play coming up in March that we are super excited about too.

Mallory has had some interest in ice skating but I wasn't able to get her to a place to try it out.  When I saw that the RVA was hosting an ice skating  & Valentine swap I was all over it!!  It was thankfully pretty warm a few days before so Mallory got out her roller blades and thought she would start practicing.  The neighbor directly across the street seen this so she runs over a pair of roller skates for Melanie.  Then comes back again with a pair of roller skates for Max. 

Max and roller skates was hilarious!!  He couldn't move he just sat and spun in one spot with his feet going back & forth but he was going no where. 

The day of skating came and Mallory quickly caught on and she was a huge fan!  Loved it!  Wouldn't come off the ice for nothing!  Max would get a little ways then fall and was unable to get himself back up so he would have to crawl to the edge to pull himself back up.  He was soaked by the time we left from all the crawling on the ice he did.  He eventually took his skates off and scooted around in his shoes. 


Melanie wanted absolutely nothing to do with it.  I put her in skates and then we set her on the ice and she grabbed onto me and quickly started sending her feet in a million directions.  I haven't been on skates since I was a teen so I started reaching for the wall to stable myself and her.  I was laughing so hard.  I ended up handing her back out to my mom, who was spending her lunch hour with us.  Melanie was done.  She was back in her boots.  We tried her on her boots and she still didn't like it.  Once Grandma left I was done skating too and we sat and drank hot chocolate until it was time to go.


No comments: