Sunday, February 26, 2017

Fevers & Crafting

A couple of weeks ago Melanie woke up and mentioned a headache and then moments later was throwing up the Motrin I had given her.  Then quickly ran a fever.  She was sick!  When this girl is sick she wants me to be right by her side the whole time.  Which is super hard for me.  I am not a good nurse.  I may be able to teach my kids to read and write and math... but sit with them while they are sick is so hard.  Of course I did it and then would try to sneak away but I would quickly find her searching me down.  So here we sat for 2 or 3 days.  I can't even remember anymore.


I laid her down for a nap and thought I was good.  So I hopped in the shower and I didn't even get the towel off my head and she was awake crying for me.  So we didn't get any school done with her sick.  The big kids got super antsy.  I couldn't listen to anymore T.V. and either could they.  Even Melanie asked to turn it off.  Max started army crawling around with his nerf gun.


Mallory decided now was a good time to cut out patterns and sew.  I read the directions from underneath a burning up Melanie.  I had a heck of time getting her fevers to break.  I couldn't even get her to drink anything.  I started googling how to break fevers and saw ice chips.  So Max got her a cup of crushed ice and she liked eating those.


Once Melanie got the fever to break she let me sneak away a bit and help Mallory with her sewing project.  I run the iron and pin things together and she sews.  We make a good team.  Here is her finished piece.  An apron for her American Girl Doll.  Mallory is actually going to enter this into her 4H Arts & Crafts Festival in March. 


Melanie ended up being sick for 7 days.  On the 7th day I couldn't take it anymore.  I called the doctor and they asked for her to come in and be checked out.  They looked her over real good and thought she might be on the tail-end of it.  They were right, by the next morning she was back to herself. 

No comments: