We are on our last day of Christmas Vacation and a few days into 2016. I
have lots of goals and plans for the new year. One of them is to try and start
my blog again. To do that I thought I would give a recap of each of us and
where we are at right now.
Jesse.
He keeps the fun in our family. The first one to jump into playing these
crazy games with the kids. I like to sit on the side lines and capture the
moment.
Jesse is the chief psychologist at the prison. He also does disability
evaluations for the State of Wisconsin when they need them in our area.
Alderman Frey has become a new hat for him, as he is on the city council board.
Oh and he is on the board for building us a new library! When the dress clothes
hit the laundry basket and his blue jeans come out you can find him in a jeep,
on a tractor, or giving the kids rides on the three wheeler.
Me (Lynn).
I stay home with the kids and we also homeschool. I am the nursery director
at our church. Fancy name for we hunt down willing volunteers to watch the 0-3
year olds so the parents can go to church. Being a homeschool family I am
constantly on a mission to make this place a smooth and organized operation. I
fail at it most of the time which is why it is a constant mission. Most of the
time you can find me in the kitchen (I joke with Jesse that I do leave the
kitchen – he leaves in the morning and I am in the kitchen and he comes home
and I am in the kitchen.) making meals and meal planning and meal prepping. In
the warm months I am gardening and canning. In the cooler months I am planning
and thinking about gardening and canning. I am also constantly planning and
thinking about our schooling and doing prep work for it. Homeschooling has been
my hardest job to date. When I took it on I had no idea how consuming it was
truly going to be.
When I am in the kitchen I usually have a side kick, Melanie. I think she
might be the chef of the family. Or she has attachment issues. Or she is
hoping I will give her a sample of whatever I have cooking. She is certainly
not content unless she is on my hip looking down into the bowls I have going. I
think she is looking for food handouts.
Mallory.
Our first grader. The oldest. Mallory. Oh Mallory. She is growing into
such a little girl already. She is my biggest helper. When I need something
done, she is the one I run to. She is such a great big sister. Mallory is also
competitive, hates to lose, and highly dislikes being timed. She is very
artsy. Constantly drawing or making things. She also has some hoarding in her
as she can not get rid of the items she draws and makes. I found 3 diaper boxes
she snuck off with in her room full of stuff!! They were her “toy boxes” even
though she has a toy box. Or that piece of paper on the floor was her doll’s
bed. Just this weekend she spent the night at her grandparents and she found a
stick that became her gun and she was insistent on keeping it AND taking it the
tub with her. Then she was trying to convince them to let her go paint it
yellow. (Grandma
Connie if you ever need an apprentice – Mallory is your girl.) In school
she is doing absolutely amazing! My most proud moment for her is reading! She
is devouring chapter books already!! Big chapter books too. Like the characters
in the book are third graders! I am so proud of this because at the end of last
year she hated reading and I couldn’t get her to do it without a fight. Now she
is sailing. Her memory is out of this world too! Her favorite things would be
art, stuffed animals, her doll Freckles, and Hank the Cow Dog Audio Books.
Maxwell.
Oh Mr. Max! He is in Pre-School. More like I have to trick him with
school. He is all boy. He needs to run and play and not sit still and learn.
Hunting! It is his jam! He can tell you anything you want to know about guns
and hunting. He checks out hunting books at the library and actually makes us
read them to him. He gets the real hunting magazines and I have to read the
stories out of it. He also loves to learn about animals. Any kind of animal.
He knows more animal facts than any kid I know. He is also the one with the
tender heart. A thing we battle with Max is that he likes to get out of work.
If something needs to get done he will find an excuse as to why he can’t do it.
His leg hurts is a very over used excuse. He loves any moment he can get with
Jesse. After hang out all day with a house full of girls he is ready for that
boy time! His favorite things are hunting, Indians, Hang the Cow Dog, Hunting
Stores and watching shows when we let him.
Melanie.
Coming in at 18 months and the baby of the family. She has us all jumping
and doing what she wants at the slightest grunt. She climbs on everything.
Gets into every single drawer. This week she figured out how to open doors (Big
doors – the pantry door specifically). Getting in the bathroom and getting the
toothbrushes is a very happy moment! I swear she has a radar and knows when we
left it open and she runs (literally) and looks to see if anyone is watching and
gets in there and starts sucking on everyones toothbrush.
She doesn’t play toys much. She would rather follow me around and do what I
am doing. Whether it is helpful or not. I have her doing laundry and resorting
it. I have her unfolding laundry. I have her in the dishwasher loading and
unloading. If I am vacuuming she is right there to turn it on and off for me.
If I sit down to write a menu she has to be on my lap with a pen of her own. We
already talked about how she needs to cook with me. Shower! Oh she has to be
in the bathroom too if I want a shower. And now that she has figured out how to
open doors I need to remember to lock them when I need to hide from her.
If I can get her to play toys (usually I have to sit on the floor with her)
she plays with her dolls, kitchen toys, or reads books. About once or twice a
day she will play with the big kids. It usually ends shortly because she ruins
something or she gets hurt and needs my healing kisses.
She is working on potty training, not needing a nuk all day long, independent
play, and using words instead of grunting.
In a nutshell that is us and what we have been up to. We are all very ready
to get back into our routines and get this new year started. Well… except
Max!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment