Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Cookie Baking

It was cookie time!  I was craving all the classic cookies… so we had an old fashion cookie baking. 

I didn’t grab my camera too much – so I don’t have a lot of pictures.

I have a KitchenAid Mixer… which I absolutely love and would be lost without.  However, it constantly spits flour everywhere when I first turn it on!  Been a problem since the first day!  Irritates me no end. 

My sister-in-law bought me a guard… and it still does it! 

Then I seen this picture (below) on Pinterest and laughed until I had tears.  Pinned it to my cookie board.

d283d9009038abf06ec6cb678cf04c91

I am making frosting.  Why me?  Why did they put me in charge of the frosting?  So I am working away on this and I am ready to turn the mixer on… start out slow and it is getting a little crazy.  Powder sugar is starting to fly so I went to go turn it off and went the wrong way and turned it on full blast!!!!  Powder sugar every where!

Jesse attempted to get pictures for me.

IMG_9454IMG_9456

Then I put I an aunt in charge of the frosting!

My Aunt Gayle brought me an old fashion picture to go with our old fashion cookies.  It was a picture of my Mom’s side when they were little tiny peanuts frosting cookies.  So we tried to duplicate it.

IMG_9459

Individual Frosting pictures.

IMG_9460IMG_9463IMG_9464IMG_9466

That’s it.  I can’t stop eating the cookies.  Old Fashion was a great way to go.  We might have to do it again next year.  Jesse even said… those ginger snaps are amazing!  He has been eating them at wee hours of the night while the rest of us are sleeping! 

Oh!  For some crazy cute pictures go here!  My Mom took some pictures of Melanie making cookies.  Adorable!!!   

1 comment:

Connie said...

Those gingersnaps are pretty amazing. Last night on a trip to the bathroom about 2:30am I thought real hard about sneaking one but thought dad would smell it when I crawled back in bed.