Friday, December 12, 2014

Max went Hunting

The kids and I took the entire week of Thanksgiving off from school.  I did some calculations and we are ahead of the game so we could take the week off and still get done a week (almost two weeks) early in the summer. 

One of the days I took Max out to the hunting shack.  All he talks about is hunting, guns, bows, and animals.  Thought he might think this was great.

While I was getting Max ready I handed off the baby to one of the new hunters to the crew.  Cousin Jake.

IMG_9359

Max is all ready and totally embarrassed. 

IMG_9360

He kept saying “seriously”.  And rolling his eyes up into his head. 

IMG_9361

Once he was outside with just Grandpa John he didn’t stop talking.

IMG_9363

Grandpa made it like a real hunt.  He took his gun.  He put a walkie talkie in Max’s pocket.  Just in case they got something they could radio back to the shack.

IMG_9367

So pretty out!!  If I was any kind of real photographer I would of stole an orange jacket and followed them for some amazing pictures.  But I didn’t want to ruin their little moment either. 

IMG_9371

While they were out walking Mallory and I talked to them on the walkie talkie.  Max didn’t want to talk to us but he told us it was really slippery and he fell on his butt. 

IMG_9374

Max and Grandpa headed down another trail and meanwhile these three hung out.

IMG_9377

 

IMG_9382

Of course Mallory wants a turn to hunt too.

IMG_9385

Apparently all she wanted to do was skate around on the ice and play in the snow.  She was not so much into that looking and being quiet for deer.

IMG_9390

Melanie was a happy baby that day!  She is a happy baby almost every day though!

IMG_9397

Then the real hunters were getting ready to go out and Max watched with great intensity out the window. 

IMG_9400

Recently discovered her feet!  Ripping socks off is a great game – so I just don’t even put socks on.

IMG_9402

Good luck hunter hugs!

IMG_9404

Mallory is back from her hunt! 

IMG_9407

Later that night (it is dark out now) Max says something to the effect of Grandpa is still hunting.  I told him no it is dark you can’t hunt in the dark.  His quick response was “But he had that light on his hat for hunting in the dark.”  Little boys!  They notice those details! 

No comments: