Even though at the end of ballet I had to force her to go to practice each week – when it came to the night of the big dance she was so excited about that. She absolutely loved getting dressed up. Getting her hair curled and done. I even splashed some sparkly eye shadow on her eyes which she thought was just the best and fluttered those eyes at everyone to show off the sparkles. She wore lip gloss, of course.
They kept the little dancers in the gym for the whole performance. And when I dropped her off she found the coloring station where they were coloring pictures of ballet dancers.
I had a little spot between the crowd where I could see her when she came out. She did great!
It is the first time these girls are up on that stage and I don’t think they realize how many faces are going to be looking back at them when they open up the curtains. I was expecting some of them to lock up, but no one did.
Everything is done and we are walking back to our vehicle and someone asks her if she is going to do it again next year and she says “Noooo!”
We get in the truck and it is just Jesse, Mallory and I (Max went to my friends house for the night). Jesse says “So you don’t want to do ballet again?”
Mallory – No!
Jesse – Good. Now that we got that out of the way. How about karate?
Mallory – *complete silence*
Me – *laughing really hard*
Mallory – What’s karate?
Jesse – They teach you to fight. It is good for you.
Mallory – *more silence*
I think the word “fight” has her a little tongue tied and speechless. But Jesse is determined that her next adventure is going to be karate and we can kiss ballet goodbye. He thinks she needs something useful… like karate.
We’ll see what the fall brings and what she ends up picking.
No comments:
Post a Comment