Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summer Guest

My niece, Ellyn, has “moved in” with us for the summer.  This is so very special for her and for us. 

She is a huge help.  My kids love her to pieces and don’t ever get tired of seeing her.  Never.  Ever. 

IMG_20130611_093046 (2)

I signed her up for 4 weeks of summer school at the public school here.  She absolutely loves it!  It is fun summer school – swimming, photography class, cooking classes!  She bravely rides her bike to and from!!  Which is a huge help because sometimes my kids are still sleeping and if there is anything I don’t like more it is waking sleeping children!

IMG_20130611_093441 (2)

She had a break from summer school for a few weeks and it just happened that Mallory had swim lessons during that week at 8:30 in the morning for 30 minutes.  I talked Ellyn into staying home with Max and letting Mally & I go.  She (Ellyn) was a rock star at staying at home with Max.  She would get him dressed.  Feed him breakfast.  Clean up breakfast dishes.  Get dressed herself.  Make her bed.  Brush teeth… all in 45 minutes!! 

Then I had the brilliant idea on the second week of swim lessons to potty train Max.  Ellyn would put him in his underpants and make him go!  No accidents on her watch!  This is how she did it “Max you want a marshmellow??”  He would of course say yes and then she would say “Then lets go potty first!”  Off he would go! I’m not sure how many marshmellows were consumed in those 45 minutes – but hey!  No accidents!  I’m not going to judge/complain about her technique!  : )

It has been a huge blessing having her with us this summer!  We have truly enjoyed her company!

No comments: