Monday, May 21, 2012

Today’s Mally Quotes

Setting:  Outside sitting on the front step eating a popsicle.  Mallory just crashed on her knee falling down the front step.  Crying because she scraped up her knee.

Mally: *crying* There’s a bird.  *points to bird*

Me: Yes.  There is a bird.

Mally: *stops crying and starts to go for it.*

Bird is heading for the street.

Me:  Mally, please don’t chase the bird.  They don’t like to be chased.

Mally:  Well if the bird wouldn’t run away then I wouldn’t have to chase it.

 

- - - - - - - - -

Setting:  I’m sitting on my laptop watching Sister Wives and she sneaks out of her bedroom.

Mally: I can’t sleep.

Me: Why don’t you grab a new book from the bookshelf and take it to bed and read it.

Mally:  Oh.  I can take a book to bed?

Me:  Yes, you may read a book in bed.

Mally: Then I won’t be disappointed?

Me:  Sure.  Then you won’t be disappointed.

*Seriously, letting her read books in bed is so fantastic.  We still put her to bed at 7:30, but it still pretty light out then and she doesn’t think she is tired so if she can grab some books and read she is golden.  It is her own little special time and she reads her bible and her books and goes to sleep when she gets tired.  Works at nap times too.

 

- - - - - - - - - -

Setting:  She is snuggled into her bed.  We just finished her bible story and she is saying her prayers.

Mally:  Thank you Dear God for…

Looks at Max standing in his crib full on crying at us.  He is ready for lights out.  Ni-Night time.

Mally:  my little brother Max to stop crying.

I giggled so hard!  She usually doesn’t acknowledge his crying but she has been lately.  The other morning she was watching her morning show and Max was having a melt down about something or another and she screamed “MAX!  STOP CRYING!  I CAN’T HEAR MY SHOW!”

- - - - - - - - - -

And I just have a little glimpse into Mally’s coordination…  Tonight I skipped out on our family run and let Jesse go by himself and I took the kids for a little walk.  Mally wanted to ride her new bike and I put Max in the stroller.  We walked about two blocks and she fell off her bike three times.  Honestly I am not even sure what caused her to fall off.  After the third fall I turned her bike around and said we should head for home you are having a rough night.  She got off her bike and said… Mom you can push my bike and took off running.  And oh my goodness I was so mad that I left my phone on the patio table on the deck… she was running this wild crazy wiggly run.  She never fell… but there were a few times I held my breath.

No comments: