Monday, May 28, 2012

A Rare Date Night

We had a wedding to attend a few weekends back and we originally thought we were going to bring the kids with us.  Then a few days before the wedding we did the… are we sure?  kids at a wedding?  um, maybe not.  We got a hold of Grandma Mary & Grandpa Dave and the kids were off for a night of rides on the golf cart and fishing in the pond.  We were going to the wedding alone! 

I had a friend take our picture since we were both all dressed up.

IMG_2291

We don’t get sitters very often at all. So when it is just the two of us we talk about… we can eat by ourselves – Max will not be grunting at us for more food before we even have gotten our first bite! I don’t have to take anyone to the bathroom and the entire time saying “please don’t touch – don’t touch that – please don’t touch! I can give my arms a rest and not carry anyone – I almost a pro weight lifter with this son I call Maxwell, who loves to be held! : )

IMG_2294

But I’m always ready to go get those kids back in my arms!!  And when they were back in my arms – Mally’s first words were, I got to take a bath in Grandma’s big bath tub.  : )

No comments: