I missed Max’s 10 month post and that gets me – but moving on. : )
He started sitting up, crawling, pulling to standing all in a matter of days it felt like – shortly after 10 months old.
He has started waving bye and giving high fives. He claps his hands when we sing patty-cake and itsy bitsy spider.
He is always crawling to what ever room I am in. Then climbs up my legs. I don’t remember Mally climbing up my legs – so this is a whole new world for me. I’m afraid for shorts season because there have been a few days already where I have had shorts on and he comes to climb my legs and attempts to grab fist fulls of my skin! Ouch!
Along with crawling up my legs – he also likes to sit at my feet and wave his arms and start to whine/cry. He loves to be held! He is such a snuggler too! There are moments where he will be fussy so I will grab him, his blanket, his nuk and rock and he will just lay his head on my chest and not wiggle. He just lets me rock him. But then there are complete opposite moments where he pushes with both hands on my chest to get away and get down.
He says.. Momma. Daddy. Naggie (Maggie). He also has some consistent sounds that he makes for ball (bah) and book (boo). Every once in awhile when I say “what does a cow say?” he will let a Mmmm. Speaking of cows. I have started showing him the Baby Einstein Farm DVD and he loves it! If I ask him “Do you want to watch the cows?” and he will whip his head at the TV and get a big smile and just wait for it to come on.
He loves to be entertained at all times. : ) However, he doesn’t want anything to do with learning. I have been trying to teach him about noses and every time he crawls away or won’t look at me. Then the shape blocks – yah, not interested. I’m starting to get him into books as long as there is a flap for him to flip or something fuzzy to touch. Otherwise, he closes the books and looks for a different one.
He likes to yell at Maggie. He will stand at the gate and yell “Naggie” and squeals when Maggie comes. If Maggie is outside and barks – Max will look at a window and yell “Naggie”. Mrs. Carolyn took him to the library a few weeks ago and he stood at the library window yelling “Naggie” the whole time.
When Mally and I have our dance parties and start dancing around the living room… Max will sit on his butt with his arms in the air grunting at me for me to pick him up. He wants me to hold him while I dance. I can hold him and dance for a long time he doesn’t mind. He doesn’t wiggle to get down at all. If I put him down (because lets face it – the kid is 22 pounds of baby love and he gets heavy!) and I start dancing without him – his arms go up and the grunting begins.
I’ve transferred him to whole milk already. So far it is going okay – he is taking it like a champ. Cold and even in a sippy cup. He seems to be happier/satisfied with the switch because he can get a lot more then what I was able to give him. However, he has horrible diapers right now and diaper rash. Not sure if they go hand and hand with the whole milk or if we have another tooth coming. Speaking of teeth he has 5 already!
No comments:
Post a Comment