Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Friday!

I get real excited about Fridays. I don't have to work for two days. I can lounge around in the mornings and not hurry to get the kids dressed and fed and myself ready. I am not a get up and go kind of person - which I am very thankful that I don't have to be to work until 9am! Plus I am very spoiled in the sense that I don't have to get kids out the door to daycare - because they are taken care of at home. Love this!

Well this Friday morning was a wild one! I am awaken to Max who is already in a fussy mood. I think he is teething already... he seems warm-ish, his nose is a touch runny, he just lays on me and snuggles, he wakes up if I put him down.

I get him up and take him to the living room because everyone else is still sleeping. I discover that Max has exploded out of his diaper. Hm, great! This could be why he is not in such a great mood. I get him all cleaned up and now he is happy laying on the floor playing with toys. So I think... I am going to quick eat breakfast before Mally wakes up. I am a totally got-to-eat-as-soon-as-I-get-up kind of person - Or I am cranky! I get my bowl of cereal (has to be cereal too) and set it on the table and here comes rapid running feet down the hallway straight towards me! Mally, her doll, and her blanket! I scoop her up and say good morning... and YOU ARE SOAKED! Why are you all wet!? I feel her bottom... no pull up! She went to bed in her underpants! OH NO! (we have her daytime trained - but not night trained) I don't want to put the blame on any one... but um... Daddy put her to bed because I was dealing with a Mad Max... and he may have forgotten the step about putting a pull-up on! : ) Or it could of been the fact that Mallory had talked Grandma Mary into putting her "Cutie Pie Pajamas" on for nap time... and she insisted on wearing them the rest of the day. So she was already in her pajamas so we completely forgot the pull-up & pajama bedtime routine.

Anyway - into the tub she went! And she did not want to get out! I finally get her out by telling her she can have a yogurt and a hard boiled egg. Then she seen that Max didn't have any clothes on (because his clothes were in his room which was where Mallory was sleeping and I didn't want to wake her up by getting him clothes) so she didn't want to wear clothes. I at least got her to wear underpants! Whew! And she tore out of the bathroom looking for yogurt!

My sister is coming today to watch the kids for me as my babysitter is on vacation this week. So I knew help was on the way. I know I am the older sister... however... Shannon is like the older sister. She comes here and she totally takes over. I love it! When we go places together - she has it all. She is taking my kids out of the truck. She is changing diapers. She is feeding them. She is bouncing and snuggling trying to get them to sleep. It's fantastic! I call her my wife!

When Mally was a little - I couldn't get her to take a nap anywhere but her own bed... except Shannon could! Shannon could get that girl to sleep in her arms in a few short moments! Same with Max now. She shows up today and I am rocking Max and snuggling - because he still has something going on - has to be teeth - and I pass him off to Shan so I can get ready to go to work; and he snuggles right in, gets sleepy eyes and lays on her chest and doesn't move.

I even talked Shannon into spending the night tonight! *big grin!* Jesse is going to be working most of the weekend - so I have my very own wife this weekend! : ) Happy Friday hidden in all the dirty diapers and dirty beds that greeted me so early this morning!

No comments: