Pre-preschool!! : )
I am not sure if I talked about it on my blog yet or not, but Mrs. C (our nanny) is homeschooling her girls (3 of them ranging from ages 17 to 9) this year. Mrs. C has a teacher background – mostly taught the preschool/kindergarten ages. So I told Mrs. C that if she wanted to she could totally turn our basement into a class room and teach Mallory along with her girls. I know Mally just turned two, but she is an advanced/smart two… or so we think. ; )
We found free preschool lesson plans specifically for two year olds on-line. It was fantastic! Her schooling is very fun and theme orientated. For example this first week is all about Cows. So they read tons of books about cows and color cow pictures and play games that involve cows. They also learn a nursery rhyme, a shape, a color, and a letter. We also decided to throw in a bible study too which we found free on-line as well. Isn’t the internet so fantastic?!
Today was their first day of school. I think they are calling it Mally’s Rhyme Time. I just had to take her pictures on her first day. : )
When I asked her if she could give me a smile – this is what I got.
Checking out her wall.
Something was funny, I guess.
Here is the learning center that Mrs. C created for her.
Mallory is totally into puzzles right now.
Every time I go to Target I am searching the $1 section for a new puzzle for her. I even get her some more advanced ones and she does those just as well.
Once she completes it she does it again!
I asked her today what she learned and she told me about squares and she acted out the nursery rhyme, The Cow Jumped Over the Moon and she was singing the song, This Little Light of Mine.
I think Mally is going to enjoy this and I think Mrs. C is too!
No comments:
Post a Comment