Sunday, January 02, 2011

Belly Status–23 Weeks

I attempted to take pictures again this morning with the self timer so that I could document some belly photos.  It is not as easy as it sounds.  : )

IMG_9861_edit

Ups:

~ Energy levels are higher.  I can’t say they are completely back, but I’m not so lazy anymore. 

~ Hungry.  I’m hungry again and to the point where I can’t stop eating.  Guess I am making up for lost time.  My Dr. just might get what she asked for… gaining 12 pounds.  Especially when Neighbor Judy brings those cookies with the Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups in the middle!  At the neighborhood Christmas party I ate them all except one because one of the guys was sure to point out that I left one behind as he was eating it.  : )

~ Kicking.  Lots of kicking when I’m sitting still and it is quiet.  I usually don’t feel a whole lot until I put Mally down for naps or to bed and I sit down.  Then he starts going to town and doing his workout routine.  I have a love/dislike relationship with kicking.  I love the kicking because it reassures me that everything is perfectly fine.  But these kicks are so different from Mally’s.  I feel as if he is kicking me really low and towards the inside instead of towards the outside.  I am not sure how to explain it they are just weird feeling.

~ I started telling Mallory that Baby Brother is in my belly and putting her hand on my belly in hopes that he will wiggle or kick.  Of course she doesn’t get it at all.  : )  But she will say brother and point to my belly when I ask her where Baby Brother is.

IMG_9864_edit

Downs:

~ Heartburn.  Today I had heartburn and I hadn’t ate anything in a couple of hours.

~ Mally uses my belly has a bench.  She thinks it is a perfect spot to sit.

~ Water.  I am doing a horrible job of making sure I drink enough water.  I would bet I only drink a glass a day and that is horrible, I know!  I am trying to do better.  I didn’t realize how distracted I am during the day with having Mallory around and not focusing on what I need to do to make sure that I am taking care of myself and baby.

IMG_9867

Speaking of hunger and water… time to go get a snack and a glass of water.  : )

IMG_9868_edit

Here is the post with Mallory at 22 weeks.

4 comments:

The Smiths said...

You are beautiful, as always, Lynn! And I know what you mean about that kicking...Nolan was that way, too (maybe it's a boy thing)! So excited for you!! :)

arturlington said...

Too cute! Now, go get a glass of water. What about adding lemon? I use a water bottle and track it all day, so I know how much I am (or am not) getting.

Anonymous said...

Oh Lynn, You look GREAT!!! And little miss Mallory is still the cutest- those blue eyes of hers just melt me..... Cant wait to meet Mr. Blueberry!!!

L

Bethany said...

You look amazing! Sorry we've been absent for so long, but I loved catching up with you guys by reading a whole bunch of posts. Hopefully I'll get back into a blog reading (and writing) routine!